These Keto Green Chile Chicken Taquitos are the perfect easy, cheesy, low-carb snack! Less than one net carbs for three taquitos and ready in under 10 minutes!
After going off and on keto for a while, I’ve finally realized that the key (for me) is having super low-carb snacks easily accessible. If I’m out running errands and feel my stomach growling, I’m likely to stop at my favorite fast food joint UNLESS I know that I can rush home and whip up a quick, satisfying snack. Because of this, I’ve been working to make more and more easy keto snack recipes!
If you can meal prep a few proteins (like this shredded chicken or grilled chicken) and keep cheese slices stored in the fridge, you’re never more than 10 minutes away from a delicious, cheesy snack! These Green Chile Chicken Taquitos are sure to keep you on track, full, and happy.
These are always best kept fresh, so don’t try to meal prep them. Instead, keep your chicken in the fridge or even freeze it in small portions so you can have some ready whenever the craving strikes. Kids absolutely love these because they’re super creamy and cheesy. If they’re not big on spice, just reduce the chiles or substitute chopped tomatoes.
This makes an easy, quick snack that the entire family can enjoy! Each serving is three loaded taquitos (recipe makes six taquitos) and has only 0.5 net carbs. Skip the fast food and make a kid-friendly keto snack at home instead!
Ingredients for Keto Chicken Taquitos
You are probably no stranger to my favorite low carb taquito method. It is well documented on this site! These easy Green Chile Chicken Taquitos are no exception! Below is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this recipe. To get the complete recipe and instructions just keep scrolling.
- Slices of Mozzarella Cheese: you can find in the deli or dairy section at your grocery.
- Grilled or Shredded Chicken
- Cream cheese: regular or reduced fat works in this recipe.
- Canned green chiles: be sure to pat them dry for the best texture.
How to Make Keto Taquitos
Homemade taquitos are so easy to make! They are the perfect easy, low carb appetizer! Here are the basic steps to making these chicken and cheese taquitos:
- In a small bowl combine the cooked chicken, cream cheese and green chiles, set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. I use this one, it comes in a set of 2 and I’ve used them for years. It is what I cook these Keto Sausage Rolls on and they never ever stick!
- Place the mozzarella slices on the silicone baking sheet. Bake 5-7 minutes, or until the edges have begin to crisp.
- When the edges have browned and the cheese is bubbly, remove from the oven. Allow them to cool about 1 minute, just so they cool enough you can handle, but still very pliable.
- Place the chicken filling on the edge of one slice and tightly roll them up, seam side down.
Do I have to use mozzarella cheese slices?
No, you could use any cheese slices you have on hand. If you prefer these to be spicier, you could use pepper jack cheese instead! Cheddar, provolone, colby jack, gouda… The possibilities are endless! Just note the mozzarella is less greasy than other varieties.
What other fillings can I use in keto taquitos?
The beauty of these keto taquitos is that you can fill them with nearly anything! I like to use a protein (chicken, beef, deli meat, etc.), something creamy (cream cheese, avocado, etc.), and something to crank up the flavor (green chiles, bacon, veggies, etc). Here are some of my favorite versions I’ve tested so far:
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Taquitos
- Chicken Fajita Taquitos
- BBQ Chicken Taquitos
- Jalapeno Popper Taquitos
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos
More Easy Keto Snacks:
Want more? Here’s a great list of 60+ Keto Snacks Under 3 Net Carbs!
- 6 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups cooked shredded or grilled chicken, cut into small cubes
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons canned green chiles, patted dry
- In a small bowl, combine cooked chicken, cream cheese, and green chiles. Mix and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- Place the mozzarella slices on the silicone baking sheet and bake 5-7 minutes or until the edges have begun to crisp.
- Once edges are browned the cheese is bubbly, remove from oven. Allow to cool about one minute--Just until they are cool enough to handle but still warm enough to be pliable.
- Place the chicken filling on the edge of one slice and tightly roll up, placing seam side down. Continue with all six slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 3 taquitos
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 518Total Fat: 30gCholesterol: 165mgSodium: 685mgCarbohydrates: 1gNet Carbohydrates: 0.5gFiber: 0.5gSugar: 0.5gProtein: 52g