You will love these Keto Zucchini Fries for a low-carb side! These fries are breaded with almond flour, parmesan, and spices and baked until perfectly crispy!
Today I am introducing you to my new summer obsession, Keto Zucchini Fries! These crispy delicious fries are loaded with parmesan, almond flour and spices. It is the perfect side dish for a nice burger (bunless of course) or Blackened Chicken. I will be completely honest with you, getting the hang of low carb side dishes were probably the hardest for me. I love potatoes, pasta and all the good carby traditional sides, so it took a bit of getting used to. However, with low carb alternative like these keto zucchini fries I finally feel like I’m not missing out.
What are zucchini fries?
Zucchini fries are zucchini sliced into fry shapes and lightly breaded then baked. Let me break it down for you. Slice zucchini into fry shapes that are thinner than steak fries but a little thicker than fast food fries. You can watch the video if you aren’t sure. Pat the zucchini dry and set aside. Use two shallow bowls to create a breading station. In one bowl beat an egg and a low carb Ranch dressing. The second bowl you will combine the almond flour, spices and parmesan. Dip the zucchini in the egg and make sure it coats all sides, then dip in the breading. Once your fries are breaded lay them in a single layer on a large baking sheet. I highly recommend using these silicone baking mats, they will not stick and it makes clean up a breeze.
What should I eat with zucchini fries?
These Keto Zucchini Fries are great with everything! Enjoy them with anything you would normally eat fries with. I have had them with burgers on a lettuce bun for a nice low carb dinner. They are especially delicious with my favorite Blackened Chicken. Here are some other ideas:
- Steak Rolls
- Parmesan Crusted Halibut
- Steak and Eggs
- Sausage and Cabbage Foil Packs
- Sesame Shrimp Skewers
Easy Zucchini Fries
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup almond super fine blanched flour
- 1/2 teaspoon EACH garlic salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or spray well with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Slice two zucchini into fry shapes (as shown in the video), and pat the zucchini dry.
- Set up your breading station by setting up two shallow bowls: In the first bowl, combine the egg and mayonnaise, and mix until completely combined
In the second bowl combine the almond flour, spices, and parmesan, and mix well.
- Dredge the zucchini fries in the egg and then the almond flour mixture and place on the pan. Lightly spray the breaded zucchini fries with cooking spray to help crisp them.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn carefully with a fork, and bake for 10 minutes more or until golden brown and crisp.