Try this Baked Parmesan Crusted Halibut for a low-carb, keto dinner ready in just 20 minutes! This easy seafood dish is just 3 net carbs per serving!
We have been on a major seafood kick lately and I cannot wait to share this parmesan crusted halibut recipe with you! Most of the time seafood recipes that have a delicious crust on them contain breadcrumbs, but this mixture is a very simple and packed with parmesan, pecans and spices to make a decadent crust!
This is the kind of dish that you can easily make on a busy weeknight because it is ready in under 20 minutes, but you can also prepare it for a nice dinner because it is impressive and worthy of guests.
This delicious and super easy halibut recipe is low-carb and keto approved. Each fillet contains just 3 net carbs — and that is with a nice, thick crispy topping that you will love!
Ingredients for the Parmesan Crusted Halibut
This easy oven baked halibut recipe has a short ingredients list:
- Halibut fillets
- Parmesan cheese
- Green onion
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Parmesan Crusted Halibut
You won’t believe how quick and easy this baked halibut recipe is! Here are the basic steps for how to cook halibut in the oven:
- In a food processor, combine the butter, pecans, parmesan, garlic, green onions and lemon juice. Mix until it is completely blended.
- Sprinkle the halibut fillets with salt and pepper and bake for 5 minutes at 450ºF.
- Spread the fillets with the parmesan pecan mixture and bake for another 12 minutes.
How Long to Bake Halibut?
This oven baked halibut will need to cook for 15 to 17 minutes at 450ºF. You’ll know the fish is done cooking when it flakes easily with a fork.
What to Serve with Oven Baked Halibut
You can keep this meal ultra low-carb by serving it with some marinated olives and feta over a garden salad, or grilled zucchini also pairs great with these flavors.
Here are a few more serving suggestions:
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cold Asparagus Salad
- Green Beans Wrapped in Bacon
- Italian Baked Mushrooms
- Mashed Cauliflower
Tips for Making Baked Halibut
- If you can’t eat pecans, you’re welcome to swap them out for another neutral-flavored nut or seed.
- For the best flavor and texture, I recommend buying a block of Parmesan and grating it yourself.
- If you don’t keep halibut on hand, you can likely use another flaky white fish in this recipe. Just note that the bake time may differ slightly.
More Keto Seafood Recipes:
- Keto Garlic Butter Salmon and Broccoli
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Cauliflower Rice
- Jalapeño Lime Salmon
- Keto Shrimp and Grits
- Sesame Shrimp Skewers
- 2 (8 ounce) halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons green onions
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small blender or food processor, combine the butter, pecans, parmesan, garlic, green onions and lemon juice. Mix until it is completely blended.
- Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper and bake for 5 minutes.
- Spread the filet with the parmesan pecan mixture and return to the oven. Bake for 12 more minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 466mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.