These easy Keto Steak Rolls are loaded with flavor. Flank steak is wrapped around green beans, peppers and onion, just 6 net carbs per serving!
You kind of have to bend my arm to get me to buy steak. And if I do go out on a whim and get a couple sirloins for dinner Mr. Maebells wants his medium rare and I want mine burnt to high heaven. Like totally charred and no pink in site. And since completely burning steak in order to eat it kind of seems like a waste I just avoid it. Except for those flank steaks! They are thin, pretty inexpensive and you can do anything with them. I normally make Steak and Eggs, or Philly Cheese steak Wraps with them, but I was looking for a new way to enjoy them as a main dish with minimal effort.
Start by marinading your steak in whatever marinade you prefer. We like Allegro because it is gluten free and manufactured in my hometown, double win in my book! If you are keto I would just drizzle with a little olive oil and minced garlic, most marinades are heavy in carbs. Then you just need some fresh, french style green beans, bell pepper, and onion.
Just wrap your steak around a handful of veggies and secure with two tooth picks. You can really do whatever vegetables you have on hand. I think asparagus or sliced eggplant would make nice additions, too. Then just toss them in the skillet with a little olive oil. I cooked mine about a minute over medium heat, then rotated them. Once all sides are browned place your rolls in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. We enjoyed these with the Browned Butter Brussels Spout Penne as a side dish but it would be great with a simple rice dish or mashed potatoes. So, if you’re not sure what to make tonight try these super easy five ingredient Steak Rolls, or my Asian Steak Rolls! You will love them!
Follow me on Pinterest for more easy, healthy meals!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1.5 pounds flank steak or thinly sliced top round steak
- 1/4-1/2 cup steak marinade (I used Allegro) (For keto if you cannot find a low carb marinade do 2 tablespoons of olive oil and one teaspoon of minced garlic)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large handful french style green beans
- 1 large white onion, cut into strips
- Marinade your steak in a large ziplock bag for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Spray with cooking spay or drizzle a little olive oil on the inside.
- Cut steak into smaller strips (I cut my steaks in half)
- Take a few pieces of bell pepper, green beans, and onion and wrap the steak tightly around the vegetables. Secure with toothpicks.
- Sear meat in skillet, about one minute, then rotating until brown on all sides.
- Continue until all meat is seared.
- Place steak wraps on baking sheet and let bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.
Other Easy Dinner Recipes: