You’ll love this easy one pan dinner with Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies! Zucchini, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes simmer with tender chicken thighs in a deliciously flavorful sauce.
One Pan Chicken & Veggies
This Mediterranean Chicken and Vegetables one pan meal is absolutely exploding with flavor! Fresh dill, kalamata olives, balsamic vinegar, and tangy feta add a light, fresh taste that perfectly complements the juicy chicken thighs. Cooking it all in one pan helps meld all these beautiful ingredients together quickly AND keeps cleanup easy!
Why you’ll love it:
- Healthy – There’s a great variety of ingredients in this recipe with a healthy balance of nutrients! Each serving comes in just under 300 calories, almost 15 grams of fat, about 15 grams of carbs, and nearly 20 grams of protein. It will keep you full and energized, not weighed down and sluggish. You can easily swap out the thighs for breasts to lower fat as well.
- Convenient – Because we used thighs and these veggies, your dish is ready in 30 minutes–Quick enough for a weeknight! It also only requires one skillet, so no fancy appliances are necessary. There’s little cleanup as it all cooks in one pan, too!
- Restaurant-Quality – This recipe is so flavorful, it’s a great first impression! Thighs are forgiving and stay juicier than other cuts, so it’s a safe-yet-delicious choice. Ingredients like fresh dill, lemon juice, kalamata olives, and feta add that extra “punch” of flavor we often forget in quick, homemade dishes!
Ingredients for Mediterranean Chicken
Here’s an overview of what you’ll need for this one pan dinner. For exact measurements, keep scrolling down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Chicken thighs – Skinless, bonless. Thighs stay juicier and are easier to cook well than chicken breasts. You can use chicken breasts if you prefer, just add a minute or two to the first browning step since they’re often quite a bit larger than thighs.
- Salt, Pepper, Olive oil – These simple flavorings help season the meat while still giving all the attention to the beautiful sauce we’re going to make with the vegetables.
- Zucchini, Mushrooms, Red onion, Cherry tomatoes, Garlic, Kalamata olives – These cook down and simmer into the sauce to become beautifully tender and flavorful. If you make any substitutions, consider additional cooking time as these veggies all cook pretty quickly.
- Chicken broth, Balsamic vinegar, Fresh dill, Dried oregano, Lemon juice – These bring major flavor to the sauce and brighten up the whole dish. Using store-bought broth is fine, but I highly recommend homemade stock if you’ve got some room in your freezer!
- Feta cheese – This adds a great texture and tangy flavor to top it all off! Feel free to leave it off if you prefer, but it really adds a great punch of flavor that brings it all together.
How to make Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies
This delicious one pan meal is ready in just 30 minutes! Here’s a quick step-by-step tutorial for this healthy dinner.
Heat a skillet to medium high heat, then pour in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. While that’s warming up, season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Place the seasoned chicken in the skillet and cook until nicely golden brown on each side (about 5-6 minutes per side). Remove from pan and set aside on a plate for now.
In the same pan, add the rest of the olive oil and let it heat up. Add the onions, zucchini, and mushrooms, then cook for 4-5 minutes, occasionally stirring or turning so that things cook evenly.
Make sauce & simmer together
Once the veggies have softened, add the chicken back to the skillet. Pour in all remaining ingredients except feta. Let the mixture simmer and continue cooking for a few more minutes until the chicken is cooked through (it should reach 165 degrees F on a meat thermometer) and the veggies are nice and soft. When ready to serve, sprinkle with feta cheese.
How to Serve Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies
We love this dish sprinkled with feta cheese and some additional fresh herbs. It’s such a well-balanced meal it doesn’t really need any side dishes to accompany it, but sometimes we stretch it further with a bread side. We like adding Jalapeno Gouda Bread for some spice or Keto Dinner Rolls when we’re staying low-carb. The perfect appetizer to serve beforehand would be these Smashed Brussels Sprouts with Lemon Aioli!
More side ideas:
This recipe is best kept in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3-4 days. I wouldn’t recommend freezing this as the vegetables struggle to keep their texture after being frozen. These make great leftover lunches, though, so just allow leftovers to cool, then put individual portions in meal prep containers for tomorrow!
This dish easily reheats in the microwave, making it a quick, convenient option. Just heat in 45-second blasts at 80% power, stirring up a bit between blasts. You could also reheat this in a skillet on medium low, tossing and stirring until heated throughout.
If you love this one pan dinner, you’ll love these healthy chicken meals!
- Chicken Cacciatore – Simmering bone-in chicken thighs with peppers, mushrooms, and onion in a tomatoey red wine sauce… Healthy comfort food in just one pan!
- Lemon Pepper Chicken and Veggies – Light, healthy, and so easy! Broccoli and cauliflower are the big nutritional powerhouses in this easy dish.
- One Pan Mushroom Chicken – It’s easy, creamy, and definitely feels like a decadent meal. We love a meal that makes great leftovers, too!
- Air Fryer Chicken Fajitas – Like a one pan meal but made in the air fryer! These come together quickly, easily, and without a ton of ingredients.
- Alice Springs Chicken – Not a one-pan dish, but grilled honey mustard chicken is covered in mushrooms, cheese, and bacon… What’s not to love about this?!
Mediterranean Chicken and Veggies
- 2 lbs chicken thighs skinless/boneless
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 medium zucchini sliced
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup kalamata olives
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh dill minced
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 lemon juiced (2-3 tablespoons)
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- Heat a skillet to medium-high, then pour in 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then place the thighs in the pan. Cook until golden brown on each side (but not until cooked all the way through), about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from the skillet. Add the remaining olive oil, then toss in the onions, mushrooms, and zucchini. Cook the veggies 4-5 minutes, stirring and turning occasionally to make sure nothing burns.
- Return the chicken to the skillet, then add all remaining ingredients except the feta cheese. Stir and continue cooking a few minutes until chicken is cooked through. When ready to serve, remove from heat and top with feta cheese.