This One-Pan Keto Chicken and Mushroom Skillet is covered in Swiss cheese and swimming in a creamy mushroom sauce! This easy dinner is ready in under 30 minutes and has just 2 net carbs per serving!
You guys are just like me, you love a good one pan dinner! This keto chicken and mushroom skillet has become a regular in our dinner rotation. It’s easy, it doesn’t require a ton of ingredients.
It is great all by itself as a low carb food, but it also pairs well with roasted broccoli and cauliflower rice. If you aren’t keto, I’m sure it’s great with pasta. It is just what you want for a busy weeknight!
I happen to think the leftovers are even better, and it reheats beautifully. I think this would be a great option for keto meal prep!
Ingredients for Keto Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
This low carb mushroom recipe calls for just a handful of basic ingredients. Here’s what goes into this one-skillet chicken dinner:
- Chicken breasts
- Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper
- White wine
- Heavy cream
- Swiss cheese
How to Make Keto Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
This low-carb chicken with mushroom sauce is really a very simple, straightforward dish! The best part is that it doesn’t require a ton of dishes, chopping or prep work!
Here’s how this dish is made:
- Season thinly pounded chicken breasts and sear them until they have a nice color.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Then we add butter, garlic, mushrooms and white cooking wine or chicken broth and allow the mushrooms to simmer and the liquid to reduce.
- When the liquid is almost gone, add butter and cream to create a rich keto mushroom sauce.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet, top with Swiss cheese and cover and allow the dish to simmer and give the flavors time to meld.
How Many Net Carbs Are in Mushroom Swiss Chicken?
The entire nutritional breakdown can be found right below the recipe card, but I’ll give you an overview here. This recipe serves 4, which comes out to right at 2 net carbs per serving.That’s right. 2. Net. Carbs. You can serve this with zoodles, cauliflower rice, roasted broccoli or even make my favorite Keto Dinner Rolls!
Do I Have to Use Wine?
No! If you prefer not to cook with wine, you can use chicken broth instead. Just don’t use water, as that’s completely flavorless.
Tips for Making Keto Mushroom Swiss Chicken
- If you are a real mushroom lover, I would double the mushroom portion of this recipe. If you do that, the net carbs increase to 4.4 per serving. You only come out with a few extra carbs but you’ll have loads of that delicious creamy mushroom sauce to enjoy!
- For the thickest, richest keto mushroom sauce, you’ll want to use full-fat ingredients. Half and half, low-fat butter, or other alternatives won’t give you the same results.
- Be sure to slice the chicken breasts thinly or pound them to an even thickness so they cook quicker in the skillet.
More Keto Mushroom Recipes:
- Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Jalapeño Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
- Crab and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
More Keto Chicken Recipes:
- One-Pan Keto Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken
- Keto Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls
- Keto Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
For the Chicken:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thickness
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons butter
For the Mushroom Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup white cooking wine (or chicken broth)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 slices Swiss cheese, halved
- Sprinkle each side of the chicken breast with the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter.
- Sear the chicken breasts for 3-4 minutes on each side, remove from skillet, and set aside. (Note that the chicken won't be fully cooked at this stage.)
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, garlic, mushrooms, 1/2 cup wine or broth, and simmer until liquid is almost gone.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup cream, stir well.
- Add chicken, top with swiss cheese.
- Cover and simmer 6-8 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
You can double the mushroom sauce ingredients if you want to have plenty of sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278Total Fat: 17.2gCarbohydrates: 2.9gFiber: 0.6gProtein: 27.8g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!