This Pina Colada Soft Serve Ice Cream is a vacation in a bowl! Five ingredients and 30 seconds are all you need to make this perfectly sized snack for two people!
It is hot.
Like hot hot hot.
Sunday afternoon I went running a few errands and ended up cutting the day short because it was totally miserable outside. Make-up was melting right off my face, and my car felt like it was a million degrees every time I turned it on. No thank you.
I would rather do all my shopping online than deal with a heat index of 104! I walked right into the house ready to make a Mango & Peach Green Smoothie but ended up making this Pina Colada Soft Serve by mistake. Talk about a happy accident!
This has the perfect soft serve consistency and it was loaded with pineapple and coconut flavor. Just the refreshing mid afternoon pick me up I needed! This makes the perfect snack size for two people or one super hungry person who needs to cool off! (um, yeah, I ate both bowls)
What are you waiting for? You’re only five ingredients and 30 seconds away from tropical bliss!
Ingredients for Pina Colada Soft Serve:
Here’s a quick overview of the 5 ingredients you need (+1 optional one that packs a big flavor punch). Keep scrolling down to the recipe card to see the exact measurements and instructions!
- Frozen pineapple
- Frozen cool whip (I used fat free)
- Shredded coconut
- Coconut extract (optional)
How do I make Pina Colada Soft Serve Ice Cream without an Ice Cream Maker?
The great thing about soft serve is that you don’t really need to haul out the ice cream maker! With the right frozen ingredients and a blender, you can serve up this frozen treat in 30 seconds.
Firstly, I added my pineapple, cool whip, milk, honey, and coconut extract (optional, but I recommend it) to the blender and let it work its magic for 30 seconds. Seriously, how easy is that?!
Next, I wanted to add a bit of crunch. I topped the soft serve with toasted coconut which added a whole lot of flavor. To toast, I simply put the shredded coconut on a baking sheet under the broiler for 30-60 seconds.
If you prefer a firmer ice cream consistency, then all you have to do place your bowls in the freezer for 30 minutes to 3 hours, depending on your preference.
Can I make this ahead of time?
You bet you can! The great thing about ice cream desserts is that they can sit in the freezer for weeks! After freezing so long, it will have a firmer texture, so you’ll want to let it melt a bit if you’re going for that soft serve feel.
If you would like to make these super easy to serve to a large amount of guests, you could pour your Pina Colada Soft Serve into popsicle molds (maybe sprinkling the toasted coconut as you pour?) and freeze that way! This would be the perfect poolside treat!
More Easy Summer Desserts:
You’ll love these simple recipes that allow you to spend your time having fun, not warming up the kitchen!
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Ice Cream — No ice cream maker, no problem! This no-churn recipe is perfectly decadent and ridiculously easy.
- Keto Chocolate Covered Strawberry Fat Bombs — Your low-carb friends will thank you! These sweet, small bites are super easy to meal prep and keep around for when you just need that sweet bite without the guilt!
- Raspberry Green Tea Key Lime Popsicles — These are packed with complex flavors and beautiful enough to serve for a party or poolside!
- Lemon Icebox Cake — This one is sure to cool you down and only requires six ingredients! You’ll probably want to try this Mocha version, too!
- Strawberry and Vanilla Pudding Pops — With a surprisingly low amount of sugar, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without that sugar crash later!
- Lemon Cream Pie Ice Cream — Another no-churn ice cream recipe that is sure to brighten & sweeten your day! The combination of textures is *chef’s kiss* perfect!
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowls — If you’re trying to be healthy but still want a big dose of chocolatey goodness, this one’s for you! (You could easily call this a breakfast with the addition of some protein powder!)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen cool whip (I used fat free)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients except shredded coconut in blender and blend for 20-30 seconds. If you prefer a harder ice cream consistency, then place in the freezer for 30+ minutes.
- If you wish to add toasted coconut, just set your broiler to low and sprinkle about 1/8-1/4 cup of shredded coconut on a baking sheet. Let it set under the broiler for 30 seconds-1 minute or until lightly toasted. Watch closely! Let it cool before adding to soft serve
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 139Total Fat: 4.6gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 21.6gNet Carbohydrates: 20.3gFiber: 1.3gSugar: 15gProtein: 2.6g