These sweet and creamy Chocolate Cherry Smoothie Bowls contain just four healthy ingredients!
Today I am sharing one of my favorite “happy accidents” of the Summer! These Chocolate and Cherry Smoothie Bowls are sweet, creamy and a perfect way to beat the heat! I’ve had these Smoothie Bowls for breakfast or Mr. Maebell and I have split one for an afternoon treat. The combination of fresh summer cherries and rich dark chocolate is a hard combo to beat!
Ingredients for Cherry Smoothie Bowls
As always, you will find the complete recipe and instructions below, just keep scrolling. This is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need:
- Cherries: you will need frozen, pitted, dark red, sweet cherries for this recipe.
- Milk: you can use almond milk, milk, or any other milk substitute for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract: this adds a perfect touch for the recipe.
- Dark chocolate chips: perfectly balances the fruit.
- Sweetener: you can use any sweetener you would like such as honey, maple syrup, Monkfruit or coconut sugar. This is completely optional.
Can I Use Different Fruit?
Of course! You can make any chocolate fruit smoothie you’d like.
Tips and Tricks for the Best Smoothie Bowls
- Be sure to use a good blender that will give you a perfectly smooth consistency. This is the one I have.
- Smoothie bowls are meant to have a thicker consistency than smoothies you drink through a straw. You might not think it is enough liquid at first, but use the recommended about first and blend before adding more. You do not want a thin smoothie bowl!
- Smoothie bowls are great with toppings! Feel free to play around with additional toppings such as fruit, nuts or seeds.
- For a more nutritious smoothie bowl, you can add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
What are some other easy healthy breakfast recipes?
One of my favorite easy breakfast recipes that can be made ahead of time are these Flourless Peanut Butter Protein Muffins. They are loaded with fruit, peanut butter, and protein and they taste more like dessert than breakfast! I always use dark chocolate chips to make these extra decadent.
Another breakfast I love to make ahead of time are these Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites. They are less than one net carb each and reheat perfectly for meal prep. Some other ideas include:
- Carrot Cake Smoothie
- Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothie
- Low Carb Blueberry Bars
- Keto Sausage Cream Cheese Rolls
- 1 cup pitted frozen cherries
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon sweetener of your choice (optional)
- 1 tablespoon crushed dark chocolate chips
- Place the frozen cherries, milk, sweetener and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowl and top with chocolate.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.