Sautéed Zucchini is a 10 minute side dish that is naturally low carb and contains basic ingredients you probably keep on hand!
Sautéed Zucchini is an effortless, low carb side dish that pairs well with everything! Zucchini is a summer staple that is plentiful during the warm weather months. It is naturally low in carbs and calories and can be prepared in the oven, air fryer, and skillet. This simple dish is ready in less than 10 minutes and contains basic pantry staples you probably always have on hand!
Ingredients for Sautéed Zucchini
As always, this is a quick overview of the ingredients you need for this recipe. For the complete, printable recipe just keep scrolling. To make this simple side dish you will need:
- Zucchini: yellow squash also works in this recipe.
- Butter, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Parmesan: Asiago and Romano also work well.
How do you sauté zucchini?
To make the perfect zucchini you just need to slice, cook and season. This recipe really couldn’t be easier.
- Slice the zucchini: I use a mandoline on the thickest setting for this zucchini. This isn’t required, but it does help get perfect, uniform slices.
- Cook: Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Melt the butter in the skillet, add the zucchini slices to the skillet and season with the spices. Cook the zucchini in a single layer 3-4 minutes until it begins to brown on the bottom, flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until the zucchini is tender.
- Parmesan: Top the zucchini with parmesan and remove from heat. Place a lid on the pan for 1 minute to help the parmesan melt. Enjoy!
Can I bake Zucchini?
Absolutely. Zucchini is great in the oven. However, this recipe is specifically made for a quick stove top skillet recipe. If you want an oven roasted zucchini recipe I highly recommend this Roasted Zucchini with Parmesan. It is quick, easy and always a crowd pleaser!
Can I cook Zucchini in an Air Fryer?
Yes! This is my favorite way to prepare zucchini. Follow this recipe for the perfect Air Fryer Zucchini with Parmesan.
Tips for the Sautéed Zucchini
- Slice the zucchini as uniform as possible so it cooks evenly.
- Depending on how tender you prefer zucchini to be, you may want to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- Be sure to lay the zucchini in a single layer, do not overcrowd the pan.
What to serve with Parmesan Zucchini
Other Zucchini Recipes
- 20+ Keto Zucchini Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Air Fryer Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Zucchini Nachos
- 3 medium zucchini (about 4 cups, cubed)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded or grated parmesan
- Slice the zucchini into uniform 1/4 inch slices.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Add the zucchini to the skillet in an even layer. Sprinkle the seasoning over the zucchini and allow to cook 3-4 minutes until the zucchini begins to brown on the bottom. Flip the zucchini and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until golden and tender.
- Remove the zucchini from the heat and top with parmesan. Place a lid on the skillet for 1 minute to help the parmesan melt. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 89Total Fat: 6gSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 5gNet Carbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 1.6gSugar: 3.7gProtein: 3.2g