Short on time? No worries, this easy Keto Salmon and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner is ready in 20 minutes. Packed with heart-healthy fat and flavor, this dish only has 5 net carbs per serving!
Though I enjoy cooking, I do not experiment much when it comes to salmon. I have a delicious Asian salmon recipe that I go to when I want something a little different. This Greek salmon is my favorite in summer, but the rest of the year I stick to the classic garlic butter salmon flavor. This recipe is a compete dinner all baked at once on one pan. Talk about easy!
This dinner features delicious, flaky salmon and crisp-tender broccoli. Broccoli is a great keto staple because it is low in cabs and high in fiber. Broccoli is a strong source of vitamin C and K, as well as potassium. This dinner is not only an ideal keto dinner, but a nutritionally rich one as well.
Keto is a low-carb, high-fat diet. Your body reaches a state of ketosis when your carb intake is so low that it begins to burn fat instead of carbs. Salmon is an excellent option for a keto diet because it contains no carbs and a high amount of heart healthy fats. It is an excellent source of vitamin B, protein, and Omega-3 Fatty Acids.
I live in an inland state, so getting fresh seafood is not an option. So, I do the next best thing, we get monthly seafood shares from Sitka Salmon Shares. This is a bit like a CSA, where you get a box of locally grown produce. But instead of produce you get seasonal Alaskan seafood. It combines two things I love, supporting small businesses and good food!
Ingredients for This Keto Salmon Dinner
This low-carb salmon sheet pan dinner comes together with a handful of ingredients, most of which are spices! Here’s what you’ll need for this keto salmon dinner:
- Spices: Salt, Pepper, Italian Seasoning
How to Make Keto Salmon and Broccoli
- Start by lining a baking sheet with foil. This makes clean up a breeze.
- Lightly spray with cooking spray and lay the salmon down the center of the pan and the broccoli florets along each side.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, dijon, lemon juice and spices. Drizzle the mixture over the salmon and broccoli.
- Use your hands to work the mixture evenly onto the broccoli.
- Make sure everything is in a single layer so it cooks evenly, and pop into a 400F oven.
Can I Use Other Veggies?
Of course! Use any veggies you’d like. Just keep in mind that different veggies may have different cook times.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli?
I’ve only made this low-carb salmon recipe as written, so I can’t speak to whether or not using frozen broccoli will work.
Tips for Making This Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner
- I highly recommend lining your sheet pan with foil and spraying it with cooking spray. This way, neither the salmon nor broccoli sticks to it.
- If you cut the broccoli florets off the stalk yourself, be sure to save the stalk for other recipes! It’s also edible, so don’t let it go to waste.
- If you prefer spicier foods, you could try adding some red pepper flakes to the garlic butter sauce.
More Easy Keto Dinners:
- Blackened Salmon Skewers
- Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms
- One Pan Mushroom Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Easy Keto Chili
- 1 1/2 pound salmon
- 5 cups of fresh broccoli
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan for topping.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spray lightly with cooking oil.
- Place the salmon skin side down in the center of the pan.
- Place the broccoli around the salmon.
- Combine the melted butter, lemon juice, garlic, dijon and spices, stir well.
- Drizzle over the salmon and broccoli. Use your hands to work the garlic butter evenly into the broccoli.
- Bake 20 minutes, salmon is done when it evenly flakes.
- Top with shredded parmesan.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 21.3gCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gProtein: 43.1g
If you are interested in trying Sitka Salmon Shares (I highly recommend!) You can use code SITKA25 to receive $25 off any 2020 Premium Sitka Seafood Share.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
Try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!