Seasoned chicken is smothered with peppers, onions and cheese in this easy Chicken Fajita Casserole! This keto meal is ready in 30 minutes and is under 4 net carbs!
Chicken Fajita Casserole
This recipe features fresh chicken breasts seasoned with taco seasoning, flavorful peppers and onions and melty cheese! This easy keto dinner is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe. This low carb recipe is ready in 30 minutes, only requires one pan and is under 4 net carbs! Even your pickiest eaters will love this meal. As a bonus, this recipe is also gluten free! So try this healthy keto recipe for dinner tonight!
Ingredients in Keto Chicken Casserole
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Mexican Chicken Casserole. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chicken breast- you could also use rotisserie chicken or this Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Olive oil, Taco seasoning- try this homemade keto taco seasoning
- Bell peppers and onion
- Shredded cheese- cheddar, pepper jack, mozzarella or a Mexican blend
How do I make this Mexican chicken casserole recipe?
First, preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a casserole dish and add the chicken breasts. Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and add the taco seasoning. Toss the chicken in the oil and seasonings so that it is evenly coated.
Add your peppers, onions and cheese. Bake for 20 minutes covered with foil. After 20 minutes remove the foil and return to the oven and bake for 10 more minutes, or until your chicken is fully cooked. Now, enjoy!
Tips for the best Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Don’t skimp on the seasoning! You want all of the chicken to be well seasoned.
- If you want a little more spice, you can add the taco seasonings to your veggies as well.
- The veggies are not sauteed before they are added to this dish, so they retain a little crunch. If you prefer your peppers and onions to be a little bit softer, I would lightly saute them before adding to the casserole dish
What should I serve with this keto Chicken Casserole?
There are so many options! If you want to scoop this casserole up into tortillas to make easy tacos, try a low carb tortilla or these Keto Zucchini Tortillas! I love a spicy dip, and this Jalapeno Ranch Dip never disappoints!
Another great option with less heat is this Avocado Bacon Dip. If you want more cheese (let’s be honest, who doesn’t?!), then add this Smoked Queso to the table- everyone will be licking their plates clean! Keto Jalapeno Poppers are also a great side dish for this meal, as well as Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice. For the adults at the table, try a Classic Keto Margarita, or a Keto Mango Margarita! If you like spicy drinks, I’m obsessed with this Spicy Watermelon Keto Margarita. For dessert, try Keto Cinnamon Twists or this No Bake Keto Cheesecake!
How to Store and Reheat Chicken Fajita Casserole
To store this dish, just place into a glass or plastic container with an airtight lid and keep in the fridge. This keto chicken casserole will stay fresh for up to four days. To reheat, warm in the microwave in 30 second increments until your desired temperature is reached.
More keto casserole recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole (keto + low carb)
- Broccoli Chicken Casserole (keto + low carb)
- Keto Cheeseburger Zoodle Casserole
- Loaded Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Casserole (keto + low carb)
More easy keto Mexican recipes
Chicken Fajita Casserole
Bring your family together with this delicious Chicken Fajita Casserole! This easy keto meal is ready in 30 minutes and is under 4 net carbs!
- 1.5 pounds chicken breast (about 4 breast)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 cups bell peppers, sliced (mixed colors)
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, pepper-jack, mozzarella or a mix of these)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a greased casserole dish drizzle the chicken breast with the olive oil and sprinkle the taco seasoning over the chicken. Using your hands, or tongs toss the chicken several times so it is coated well.
- Add the chopped peppers, onions and shredded cheese on top of the seasoned chicken, cover with foil. Bake the chicken for 20 minutes, remove the foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees F.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 chicken breast
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 8gCholesterol: 124mgSodium: 195mgCarbohydrates: 4.5gNet Carbohydrates: 3.6gFiber: 0.9gSugar: 1.9gProtein: 38g
Anne Tapp says