It is here! Soup season is upon us.
I could eat soup every single day when it is cold out. Chicken noodle, creamy tomato, spicy chili, potato soup, I love it all! There is something so comforting about serving up big, steaming warm bowls of creamy goodness!
But with soup, it isn’t just about the soup, it is about what you eat with the soup. I never get tired of cornbread, chips or biscuits, but sometimes I like to experiment with other flavor combinations. When I made the Rosemary Vegetable Beef Stew I knew I wanted to serve it with something a little different. I have seen lots of baked goods floating around the internet lately with sweet potato added. I loved the idea of incorporating mashed sweet potato into a corn muffin. And because I love the savory sweet flavor combo I thought it would be great to combine a sweet corn muffin with sharp white cheddar cheese.
The result is totally fantastic. I loved the complex flavor it had and it paired beautifully with the Rosemary Vegetable Stew. However, our favorite way to eat these ended up being with a bit of honey drizzled over a warm muffin. Something about the hearty corn meal, richness of the sweet potato, and salty sharp cheddar paired with sweet honey was completely irresistible!
These little Sweet Potato White Cheddar Corn Muffins are the perfect addition to any of your favorite soups this fall!
10 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup gluten free Bisquick
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup mashed sweet potato
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400
- Combine the corn meal, bisquick, baking powder, and salt in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Add mashed sweet potato, cheese, egg, buttermilk and softened butter until mixed well.
- Scoop muffin batter out into a standard 12 count muffin tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes