These Loaded Philly Cheese Steak Wraps are ready in just 15 minutes and packed with flavor!!
Our week of quick and easy dinners is getting ready to come to a close. I had a couple goals in mind when coming up with the posts for this week. First and foremost, I know these recipes haven’t been the most complicated or extravagant dinners. If you are a master chef you are probably unimpressed. If using canned refried beans and bottled salad dressing make you cringe this hasn’t been for you. However, as an avid food blog reader I feel that bloggers get so caught up in making a creative, uncommon, and impressive meal they sometimes forget about the readers that aren’t looking for recipes like that.
This week was focused on the college kid that needs to learn to cook basic meals, or the soccer mom that has to cook dinner with one hand while also juggling homework time with the other. Or the exhausted teacher who stayed at school too late and needs to come up with something fast. Basically, this was for NORMAL people who lead real, normal lives!
This quick and easy wrap uses already sliced steak from the store to make it extra fast. Sliced bell pepper, onion, a couple slices of cheese, and a nice big tortilla shell round out the dinner. Just cook up some fries or Smokey Sweet Potato Wedges and you have one man pleasing meal on your hands!
2 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
14 minTotal Time
- 1 1/2 pound sliced steak (pre sliced flank or top round steak works great)
- 2 tablespoons steak marinade*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 large tortilla shells (I used Udi's gluten free wraps)
- *Any marinade will do, Dales, Allegro or whatever you regularly use.
- In a large ziplock bag toss your steak strips with marinade and salt and pepper.
- Heat one tablespoon of butter and one tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat. Place steak strips in skillet. Let the steak cook without stirring for 2-3 minutes to get a good color.
- Stir steak and cook 2-3 minutes more, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Heat the remaining one tablespoon of olive oil and add sliced bell pepper and onion. Let cook, stirring occasionally for approximately 5 minutes or until tender.
- Wipe skillet clean and reduce heat to medium. Spray skillet with cooking oil and heat tortillas one at a time just until lightly brown and easily flexible.
- Assemble by adding one slice of cheese, steak slices, bell peppers and onions on each tortilla, wrap tightly. Slice and serve.
Other Easy Recipes