These Sesame Tuna Lettuce Wraps are healthy, easy, and are on the table in under 20 minutes, prep time included!
When the clock hits 5:00pm I feel like it is the start of a relay race. I sit tapping my fingers on my desk staring at the clock at 4:49 and jump out of my chair as soon as the clock hits 5:00 I run (I literally run) to my car, jump in and then it is time to start the million list of things that have to get done. Run to the gym, go home and take care of the dogs, make dinner, do a load of laundry, sweep up the (never ending) dog hair, clean the kitchen, pack lunch for the next day, check emails, and before you know it. It’s bedtime. Then you get up and do the whole thing again!
Even though I totally love cooking some days I need life to be a bit easier. I need to have dinner prepped and ready in under 20 minutes. Oh and I need it to be healthy! And delicious! That sounds like an impossible task, doesn’t it?
Not anymore! These Sesame Tuna Lettuce Wraps are healthy, easy, and are on the table in under 20 minutes, prep time included!
These wraps are packed with Bumble Bee® Chunk White Albacore Tuna that is cooked in an Asian sauce along with crunchy snow peas, fresh carrots and peanuts all wrapped in cool, crisp lettuce! These wraps are packed with flavor and they satisfy any craving you would have for take out without the guilt!
I used Bumble Bee® Albacore Chunk white tuna because it is an easy and delicious way to add a variety of nutrients to your diet including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals. I know tuna may not be a traditional ingredient in asian cooking but it compliments the flavors perfectly. Not only that but tuna is affordable any really easy because there is no precooking.
Here is how we do it!
Heat a large skillet to medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and a little garlic. Add the thinly sliced carrots, snow peas and stir for about 2 minutes. Just until the veggies are tender and lightly browned. Add the drained and rinsed tuna, and the sauce ingredients.
Let the mixture heat all the way through and top with the peanut. Pile the tuna and veggies into a fresh lettuce wrap and voila! You are done!
- 4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce (Lachoy is gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (divided)
- ½ teaspoon siriacha
- ½ cup thinly sliced carrots
- ½ heaping cup snow peas
- 2 (5 ounce) cans Bumble Bee® Chunk White Albacore in Water, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup unsalted peanuts
- ½ head of lettuce
- Combine the sesame oil, soy sauce, rice vinegar ½ teaspoon of the minced garlic, siriacha, and honey in a small bowl and stir until completely combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet to medium and spray with cooking oil, or add about a teaspoon of sesame or olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the remaining minced garlic, carrots and snow peas. Let cook for one minute, stirring occasionally. Add the rinsed and drained Bumble Bee Chunk White Albacore tuna and pour in the Asian sauce.
- Let cook one minute until heated through. Top with peanuts and serve in lettuce wraps.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.