Fresh veggies are grilled to perfection and packed in this Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap!
I am so happy to be sharing today’s recipe with you. Actually, all of the recipes for this week make me excited. It is a full week of girl food! That sweet Mr. Maebell ran off a couple weekends ago to do manly things with his manly friends and left me and the pups to fend for ourselves. I watched Steel Magnolias three times and bawled like a baby. I made Greek Salad, this Zucchini sandwich, sipped on smoothies, and perfected the best granola bar ever. I made sangria, gave myself a pedicure, and took a bubble bath. I made an avocado face mask, went shopping, and binged watched Gossip Girl until I couldn’t handle Blair Waldorf anymore.
I didn’t do a single load of laundry, I didn’t put away a single dish. I never ventured to the grocery. I only have clean floors because we have one of those robot vacuums and I decided it wasn’t too much effort to, ya know, just push a button. I decided it is appropriate to forgo adulthood one weekend out of the year. Turns out, weekends like that are good for your soul.
How do you make a Grilled Zucchini Wrap?
Today, I have my favorite wrap! This wrap is packed with grilled zucchini, veggies, cheese and hummus! It is my version of Jason’s Deli Zucchini Grillini, and it is great and so simple!
For this recipe sliced zucchini is tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper then grilled. The grilled zucchini is then placed on a nice big tortilla topped with kale, red onion, tomatoes, cheese, and then a heaping dose of hummus. The flavors pair so perfectly together, the grilled zucchini is a little tender and helps to melt the cheese, the cool hummus and the crisp kale all work so well together.
One of my favorite things about this is how versatile it is. You can change up the veggies based on your personal preferences. Don’t have kale? No big deal, just throw in some spinach! Just use whatever fresh summer produce you have on hand! Just be sure not to skimp on the hummus. It is what makes the whole wrap come together so nicely. I like to use a classic hummus, but you can make your own or use whatever flavor you like most.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 1 zucchini, ends removed and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced or handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup kale, tough stems removed
- 2 slices white cheddar or chipotle gouda cheese
- 2 large Udi's gluten free tortillas
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Remove the ends from the zucchini and slice length wise into strips. Toss sliced zucchini in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini directly on grill and let cook for 3 minutes, turn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Set zucchini aside.
- Place the tortillas on grill for approximately one minute, or just until grill marks are visible and tortillas are pliable.
- Remove tortillas from grill and assemble wraps, 2 tablespoons of hummus, one slice of cheese, zucchini slices, 1/2 cup kale, onion and tomato slices.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307 Total Fat: 26g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 342mg Carbohydrates: 11g Sugar: 1g Protein: 9g
Other Easy Recipes
This site contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through them, we will receive a small commission.