Fresh veggies are grilled to perfection and packed in this Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap! This is the perfect easy, healthy wrap recipe!
What ingredients do you need for a Zucchini Hummus Wrap?
This simple vegetarian wrap has a handful of basic ingredients. This is the kind of meal that you can prepare in just a few minutes on a busy night or have for a quick lunch. Also, depending on the type of cheese and hummus you use you can switch up the flavors from time to time with little effort.
- Red onion
- Cheese, I like white cheddar or chipotle gouda cheese
- Tortillas (I use a gluten free tortilla)
How do you make a Grilled Zucchini Wrap?
This wrap is packed with grilled zucchini, veggies, cheese and hummus! It is my version of Jason’s Deli Zucchini Grillini, and it is great and so simple!
For this recipe sliced zucchini is tossed in olive oil and sprinkled with salt and pepper then grilled. The grilled zucchini is then placed on a nice big tortilla topped with kale, red onion, tomatoes, cheese, and then a heaping dose of hummus. The flavors pair so perfectly together, the grilled zucchini is a little tender and helps to melt the cheese, the cool hummus and the crisp kale all work so well together.
One of my favorite things about this is how versatile it is. You can change up the veggies based on your personal preferences. Don’t have kale? No big deal, just throw in some spinach! Just use whatever fresh summer produce you have on hand!
Just be sure not to skimp on the hummus. It is what makes the whole wrap come together so nicely. I like to use a classic hummus, but you can make your own or use whatever flavor you like most.
What are some other easy healthy recipes?
I am always on the hunt for healthy, easy recipes. Like this Grilled Zucchini Hummus Wrap, this Avocado and Spinach Quesadilla is a quick and easy meal that is packed with vegetables. If you prefer to add extra protein you can add in leftover chicken or your other favorite meats. Some of my other favorite meals are:
- Keto Club Wrap: under 4 net carbs and takes only a few minutes to make.
- Chili Cheese Chips: 1 net carb per serving and you’d never guess the secret ingredient!
- White Chicken Chili: a low carb soup packed with chicken, peppers and cauliflower rice.
- Lemon Chia Seed Pudding: just a few basic ingredients but so refreshing!
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls: these are delicious and great for meal prep!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 1 zucchini, ends removed and sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tomato, sliced or handful of cherry tomatoes
- 1/8 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup kale, tough stems removed
- 2 slices white cheddar or chipotle gouda cheese
- 2 large tortillas (I use Mission gluten free)
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- Heat a skillet or grill to medium heat.
- Remove the ends from the zucchini and slice length wise into strips. Toss sliced zucchini in olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place sliced zucchini directly on grill and let cook for 3 minutes, turn and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Set zucchini aside.
- Place the tortillas on grill for approximately one minute, or just until grill marks are visible and tortillas are pliable.
- Remove tortillas from grill and assemble wraps, 2 tablespoons of hummus, one slice of cheese, zucchini slices, 1/2 cup kale, onion and tomato slices.
- Wrap tightly and enjoy immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 342mgCarbohydrates: 11gSugar: 1gProtein: 9g
Other Easy Recipes
This site contains affiliate links, meaning that if you make a purchase through them, we will receive a small commission.