This easy Chopped Thai Chicken Salad is loaded with chopped chicken, crisp vegetables and sweet and spicy peanut sauce! At 3 net carbs per serving this is the perfect easy low carb lunch!
What ingredients do you need for Chopped Thai Chicken Salad?
The key ingredient for this recipe is the delicious Thai peanut sauce! I use this recipe, it is a copycat of Panera’s Thai Chili Vinaigrette. This stuff is amazing! It is a great sauce for salads, wraps, as a dip or marinade. As written the recipe uses honey, however you can make this keto by subbing equal amounts of Brown Sugar Swerve. Aside from this sauce you need:
- Cooked, chopped chicken
- Snap Peas
- Green Onions
You can use rotisserie chicken or leftover grilled chicken. Since I am already making the Thai peanut sauce I just go ahead and use that as a marinade to make an easy Grilled Thai Chicken, then chop it up for the salad. But you can use any chicken you want.
How do you make Chopped Thai Chicken Salad?
This is seriously the easiest recipe ever. You simply combine the chopped chicken, mayonnaise, peanut sauce (keto version without the honey), green onions, snap peas, radishes, and peanuts. Allow the mixture to chill to really let the flavors meld together. You can eat this on it’s own, or my favorite is wrapped in crunchy iceberg lettuce.
If you are low carb, but not keto you can eat these with Simple Mills Almond Flour crackers, they lower in carb than regular crackers and make this a perfect lunch.
How many net carbs are in peanut sauce?
As I mentioned I switch the honey for Brown Sugar Swerve so the low carb version of this sauce equals about 1 net carb per tablespoon. So if you use this on other dishes or add extra sauce to your chicken salad just keep that in mind so you can keep track of your carbs.
What are some easy keto meal prep lunches?
I love coming up with easy keto recipes so I’ve gathered some of my favorite low carb meal prep ideas. If you are new to keto you are probably finding it pretty tricky finding easy to pack lunch options. So often go to lunches are sandwiches, wraps, yogurt or fruit which are hard to fit in a keto diet. These are some of my favorite easy meal prep ideas:
- Keto Pizza Bites (less than one net carb each and one batch makes a ton)
- Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites (less than one net carb each)
- Keto BLT lettuce Wraps (2 net carbs and can be made in minutes)
- Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps (good warm or cold, under 4 net carbs)
- Lemon Chia Seed Pudding (5 net carbs and surprisingly filling)
- Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits (2 net carbs and great for making little sliders)
- Cheesy Broccoli Bites (less than 1 net carb, perfect when you want a meatless snack)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits (under 5 net carbs and can be made several days in advance)
- Cold cuts and Keto Chili Cheese Chips (under 1 net carb) make a great snack
Easy Chopped Thai Chicken Salad (keto + low carb)
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 cup snap peas chopped
- 2 radishes chopped
- 2.5 tablespoons peanuts
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 2 tablespoon green onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon thai peanut sauce recipe link below
- Combine all ingredients, including the thai peanut sauce in a mixing bowl. Stir well and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Excellent served in a lettuce wrap, over a salad or with low carb crackers.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!