Creamy almond butter, almonds, fruit, and seeds make these energy-bites the perfect healthy snack!
I am always looking for ways to make life a little easier. Having wholesome snacks around the house helps me from reaching for processed, packaged foods. These little bites are a great healthy snack. They are loaded with good-for-you ingredients including almond butter, oats, cranberries, nuts, and seeds! These make a great grab-and-go breakfast, or a mid-day snack to help you keep your hunger cravings at bay! These are also very easy to customize based on your preferences, or the ingredients you have on hand.
Ingredients for Almond Chocolate Energy Bites
- Creamy Almond Butter – NOT an almond butter that separates, I like this one
- Gluten-Free Old Fashioned Oats
- Chopped Almonds
- Dark Chocolate Chips
- Dried Cranberries
- Chia Seeds
Chocolate Energy Bites Instructions:
This snack could not be easier to make! Just combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until everything is completely combined. Then you’ll roll the mixture into balls and store them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
How do I store Almond Butter Balls?
These delicious bites should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to two weeks or in the freezer for three months. They keep their shape best when still cool, so these are perfect for pulling from the freezer and putting into your lunchbox for a mid-morning pick-me-up!
Tips for Making Energy Bites
- Use old-fashioned oats – Steel-cut oats are a bit too tough and chewy, and quick-cooking and instant oats are likely to become too soft and mushy to hold up in this recipe.
- Honey can be swapped with maple syrup if you’d like, but the extra sticky texture of honey helps these balls bind together.
- Use a creamy nut butter that does not separate. I like this one.
- Use a small cookie scoop to portion out the balls.
- If you have an almond allergy, the nut butter can be subbed for seed butter and the chopped almonds can be substituted with more dried berries.
Other No-Bake Snack Recipes
- Keto No-Bake Cookies
- No-Bake Toasted Coconut and Almond Granola Bars
- Coconut Mocha Almond Butter Espresso Balls
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Bites
- Almond Butter Espresso Balls
Almond Chocolate Energy Bites
Creamy almond butter, almonds, fruit and seeds make these energy bites the perfect healthy snack!
- 1 1/4 cup creamy almond butter (NOT an almond butter that separates. I use Barney Butter)
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a medium or large size mixing bowl and combine until completely mixed.
- Roll into balls. Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Balls Serving Size: Nutrition Calculated Per Ball
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 10.4gCholesterol: 0.2mgSodium: 2.1mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2.9gSugar: 13gProtein: 4.2g
Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice says
Jen | Baked by an Introvert says
Kristine | Kristine's Kitchen says
Laura at I Heart Naptime says
Jessica - The Novice Chef says
Blair @ The Seasoned Mom says
Sandi (@fearless_dining) says
Kimberly @ The Daring Gourmet says
Trish - Mom On Timeout says
Michelle De La Cerda says
Sarah @Whole and Heavenly Oven says
Ginny McMeans says
Jessica @ Jessica in the Kitchen says
Annie Holmes says
aimee @ like mother like daughter says
Annie Holmes says
Medha @ Whisk & Shout says