Coconut Mocha Almond Butter Espresso Balls are packed with oats, almonds, coffee and toasted coconut! The perfect snack for a little pick me up!
The very first Starbucks drink I ever had was a Coconut Mocha Frappuccino. They don’t carry it anymore but it was unbelievable! Rich espresso was combined with dark chocolate, and toasted coconut for a ultra creamy coconuty goodness! The flavor combo has never left me.
These Coconut Mocha Almond Butter Espresso Balls are based off the Espresso Almond Butter Balls I shared last year. But this time we kick the flavors up a notch by adding in Coconut Almonds, dunking them in melted dark chocolate and then rolling them in toasted coconut. Yes, this is a bit of heaven.
These little bites are the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. The almond butter is nice and creamy and pairs perfectly with the honey. Then there is a bit of kick from the espresso, some nice crunch from the Coconut Almonds and a coating of dark chocolate and toasted coconut to really bring it all together.
We love keeping them in the fridge for a quick not too bad dessert but they would also be great for showers or parties you might be hosting!
Ingredients for Coconut Mocha Almond Butter Espresso Balls:
- Creamy almond butter–NOT an almond butter that separates (I use Barney Butter)
- Gluten free old fashioned oats
- Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds
- Coffee grounds, unbrewed (I used French roast)
- Dark chocolate (for melting)
- Toasted coconut (for rolling)
- Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds (for rolling)
How should I store these Almond Butter Balls?
These snacks should be stored in an air-tight container in the fridge up to two weeks. They do need to stay cold for the mixture to remain firm. They can be frozen for up to three months.
If you’re packing these for a snack on the go, I recommend freezing these and placing in your lunchbox while they’re still frozen. In a couple hours, they should be thawed and ready to eat!
Are these good for meal prepping?
Definitely! Having small snacks available is often key to staying on track with your meal planning and dietary goals. Because these work so well from frozen, I highly recommend doubling or tripling this batch and freezing so that you can pull one out anytime you get the urge to start snacking.
- 1 cup creamy almond butter (NOT an almond butter that separates. I use Barney Butter)
- 1 cup gluten free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds
- 1 tablespoon unbrewed coffee grounds (I used French roast)
- 1 (4 ounce) package dark chocolate for melting
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped Blue Diamond Coconut Almonds (optional, for rolling)
- In a mixer, combine the almond butter, oats, honey, almonds, and coffee grounds and stir until well combined. Mixture will be very thick.
- Place the bowl in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
- Roll the mixture into balls.
- Melt the chocolate according to package directions and dip or roll in chocolate.
- Then roll in toasted coconut and chopped almonds.
- Keep cool.
Nutrition information is based on using ALL toasted coconut, dark chocolate, and optional chopped almonds for rolling.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246Total Fat: 15.2gCholesterol: 0.5mgSodium: 60.7mgCarbohydrates: 20.4gNet Carbohydrates: 16.7gFiber: 3.7gSugar: 12.9gProtein: 5.8g
More Energizing Snacks:
- Protein-Packed Peppermint Mocha
- Honey Nut Power Bars
- Chocolate Flourless Protein Muffins
- Double Chocolate Protein Bars with Coconut and Pecans
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Bread
- Peanut Butter Granola Bars
- Almond Chocolate Chai Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Banana Protein Muffins
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Protein Bites
Looking for great low-carb options? Check out these 60+ Keto Snacks under 3 Net Carbs!