This five ingredient Penne with Brussels Sprouts and Parmesan is swimming in a rich brown butter sauce. The perfect vegetarian meal or quick and easy side dish!
What ingredients do you need to make Browned Butter Brussels Sprouts Penne?
- Brussels Sprouts
How do you make Browned Butter Penne?
- The first step is to cook the pasta. I use gluten free penne pasta, however you can use your favorite kind or brand. Cook the pasta according to the package directions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cool water and set aside in a large bowl.
- Next, heat a large heavy bottom skillet to medium heat. Heat 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil to medium heat, add minced garlic and halved Brussels sprouts. Place the Brussels sprouts cut side down in the skillet allow them to cook for 2-3 minutes without stirring until they become crisp.
- Stir the Brussels sprouts and cook for 1-2 more minutes until they are tender and crisp enough for your liking. Move the Brussels sprouts to the bowl with the penne.
- Lastly, make the brown butter sauce by adding 4 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and heat over medium low heat. Once the butter has melted completely cook 2-3 more minutes until very lightly browned, stirring regularly.
- Pour the brown butter over the penne and Brussels sprouts and toss with parmesan, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
What should I serve with Browned Butter Penne?
Since the flavors of this dish are so mild, a rich brown butter sauce, garlic and parmesan it pairs well with just about everything. Personally, I love to serve it with these Blackened Pork Chops or Chicken because I love the spicy meat paired with the buttery pasta. However, these are some of my other favorites:
- Parmesan Crusted Halibut
- Buffalo Roast Chicken
- Asparagus and Mozzarella Salad
- Chipotle Grilled Chicken
What are some other easy one pan dishes?
One of the most popular recipes on this site is my One Pan Taco Mac. This easy pasta dish is packed with meat, noodles and cheese. It has over 200 reviews, so clearly it is a winner! Some other easy one pan dishes I love are:
- 3/4 cup Barilla Gluten Free Penne
- 6 Brussels Sprouts, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan
Cook pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
Heat a skillet to medium heat.
Add olive oil and brussels sprouts, sliced side down. Cook 3 minutes. Turn and cook one more minute.
Add butter, garlic, and spices.
Cook 2 minutes stirring regularly. The butter will brown nicely and the garlic will get a little crisp.
Pour over the pasta and toss with shredded parmesan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 919mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 6gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.