If you have been reading long, you know my husband, Mr. Maebell is a big duck hunter. Which means most of the winter I don’t see him. Luckily, duck season ended a few weeks ago (THANK HEAVENS!) so it meant I got my husband back.
I am so enjoying him being around, but there is one thing I didn’t realize I had gotten used to – the food!
I have enjoyed girly foods and meatless dishes for weeks and now that my meat and potatoes husband is back he is wondering what the heck happened! ha!
So while I guess I will have to get back in the swing of things I am still trying to enjoy my girly foods every now and then!
I whipped up this Easy Feta Hummus to snack on. This hummus is so simple, just a few basic ingredients and about a minute of work gives you a nice, fresh Greek inspired spread!
I spread this on toast and quesadillas in addition to eating it with crackers and veggies. It is the perfect quick and easy snack that is healthy, too!
5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 1 (15 ounce) can chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 tablespoons feta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2-3 teaspoons lemon juice (start with 2 and increase if you want more acidity)
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add additional lemon juice as needed to achieve the desired taste.
- Top with a drizzle of additional olive oil, tomatoes, feta, and basil.
- Serve with vegetables, crackers or as a spread.