Crispy gluten free crust is topped with scrambled eggs, sautéed leeks, sharp white cheddar and bacon for an easy dinner, or breakfast!
This meal was not actually supposed to have meat. It was supposed to be a lovely breakfast pizza with leeks, eggs, and sharp white cheddar. If you know me in real life you know me, and my inner vegetarian ways, and you know Mr. Maebell is a meat and potatoes man. If your thinking the idea of a vegetarian pizza didn’t go over well you would be right.
It went a little something like this:
Him: What is for dinner?
Him: Oh man! Yeah! I am so excited! Yeah! I want sausage and pepperoni…extra sausage…and cheese…and extra sausage!
He didn’t get the sausage and pepperoni he wanted, but he did get bacon. That counts for something, right?!
Breakfast for dinner or “brinner” is one of our favorite meals. I don’t care what it is a quiche, omelets, pancakes, waffles, we love it. There is just something so comforting about chowing down on all your favorite breakfast foods at night when things are less rushed and you can really enjoy your meal.
This hearty Crispy Breakfast Pizza with Cheddar and Leeks is a simple, no fuss meal that is sure to be a winner. Thin, crispy gluten free pizza crust is topped with sauteed leeks, scrambled eggs, sharp white cheddar cheese, and crispy bacon for an impressive dinner that is ready in a flash.
- 1/2 a package of Pillsbury Gluten Free Pizza Dough
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup leeks, thinly sliced
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 12 inch cast iron skillet or pizza stone and press the pizza dough into the pan. You want to spread this thin so it is nice and crispy. Pre-bake crust for 5 minutes, then set aside.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and cook the bacon until crisp. Remove from the skillet and set on paper towels to drain, then chop.
- Drain most of the bacon grease from the skillet, reserving about a teaspoon.
- Add the leeks to the skillet and cook for one minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove leeks from skillet and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs and milk together, pour into warm skillet and lightly scramble the eggs. You do not want to cook your eggs completely, because they will finish cooking in the oven. Remove them when the scrambled egg begins to form, but while they are still undercooked.
- To assemble the pizza, add half the leeks, top with the scrambled eggs, the rest of the leeks, the shredded cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake pizza for 7-8 minutes, remove from oven and top with bacon.