These flourless peanut butter cookies are packed with peanuts and chocolate chips. Naturally gluten-free and so easy to make!
If you are a peanut butter hater you were probably already super close to unfollowing me since I just shared the Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars, and the Peanut Butter Protein Muffins. I am sorry! I can’t help it!
These cute little peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are flourless. Yes, that’s right. These little beauties are full of creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, peanuts, chocolate chips, and of course a little vanilla.
This gluten-free peanut butter cookies recipe is based off of a recipe I found in my Mom’s collection of recipes. It was on a tattered, yellowed little piece of paper and just said one cup of peanut butter, one cup white sugar, one egg. Since finding this recipe years ago I have played around with it and perfected the recipe for the perfect chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie.
What’s in Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies?
These are super easy easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Here’s all you’ll need for the recipe:
- Peanut butter
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
Making gluten-free peanut butter cookies couldn’t be simpler! Here are the basic steps:
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Roll cookie dough into small balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 12 minutes for soft and chewy cookies, or 15 minutes for crunchier cookies.
What Kind of Peanut Butter Should I Use?
You want to use a creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I’ve only tested the recipe with traditional brands like Skippy, but a natural peanut butter should work too.
Can I Use Another Kind of Nut Butter?
Possibly, but without having tested it I can’t say for sure. Almond butter tends to be much runnier than peanut butter so I’m not sure how it’d affect the texture of the cookies.
How to Store Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Store these cookies at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You’re welcome to switch up the mix-ins, if desired. You could use peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, walnuts, etc. in place of the mix-ins listed below.
- Bake these flourless peanut butter chocolate chip cookies on a good, thick pan. For me, they bake best on my stoneware. If you cook them on a thin cookie sheet without a liner the bottoms will get burnt. I always forget this. I used my cheap Ikea cookie sheets, which I love, but aren’t great for baking. So do as I say, not as I do! 🙂
- Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before eating them. They need time to set up properly.
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes:
- Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. The mixture will be thick.
- Roll cookie mixture into small ball and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 12 minutes for soft and chewy or 15 for crunchier cookies.
Recipe makes 2 dozen small cookies.