If you are a peanut butter hater you were probably already super close to unfollowing me since I just shared the Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars, and the Peanut Butter Protein Muffins. I am sorry! I can’t help it!
These cute little cookies are flourless. Yes, that’s right. These little beauties are full of creamy peanut butter, brown sugar, peanuts, chocolate chips, and of course a little vanilla.
This recipe is based off of a recipe I found in my Mom’s collection of recipes. It was on a tattered, yellowed little piece of paper and just said one cup of peanut butter, one cup white sugar, one egg. Since finding this recipe years ago I have played around with it and perfected the recipe for the perfect chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie.
So here is how we make it!
Pretty simple, right? Measure, mix, roll bake! My one suggestion is to bake these on a good thick pan. For me, they bake best on my stoneware. If you cook them on a thin cookie sheet without a liner the bottoms will get burnt. I always forget this. I used my cheap Ikea cookie sheets, which I love, but aren’t great for baking. So do as I say, not as I do! 🙂
5 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
17 minTotal Time
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- 1/2 semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. The mixture will be thick.
- Roll cookie mixture into small ball and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 12 minutes for soft and chewy or 15 for crunchier cookies.
- Makes 2 dozen small cookies