These flourless peanut butter cookies are packed with dark chocolate chips and perfectly soft and chewy. Naturally gluten-free, and about 3 net carbs each!
If you are a peanut butter hater you were probably already super close to unfollowing me since I just shared the Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars, and the Peanut Butter Protein Muffins. I am sorry! I can’t help it!
These cute little peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are flourless. Yes, that’s right. These soft and chewy cookies are naturally gluten free, low carb and refined sugar free!
This gluten-free peanut butter cookies recipe is based off of a recipe I found in my Mom’s collection of recipes. It was on a tattered, yellowed little piece of paper and just said one cup of peanut butter, one cup white sugar, one egg. Since finding this recipe years ago I have played around with it and perfected the recipe for the perfect chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookie.
What’s in Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies?
These are super easy easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Here’s all you’ll need for the recipe:
- Peanut butter
- Brown Sugar Monkfruit (or regular brown sugar if not keto)
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- Peanuts (optional)
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Making gluten-free peanut butter cookies couldn’t be simpler! Here are the basic steps:
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Use a 1 inch cookie scoop and and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes for soft and chewy cookies, or 15 minutes for crunchier cookies.
What Kind of Peanut Butter Should I Use?
You want to use a creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I’ve only tested the recipe with traditional brands like JIF, but a natural peanut butter should work too.
Can I Use Another Kind of Nut Butter?
Yes, you can substitute almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower butter in this recipe. Just note some other nut butters tend to be runnier than peanut butter, so it may result in thinner cookies. Be sure to stir the nut butter up very good before using to make sure you incorporate all of the oil properly.
How to Store Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Store these cookies at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You’re welcome to switch up the mix-ins, if desired. You could use peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, walnuts, etc. in place of the mix-ins listed below. If making keto cookies just use sugar free varieties and watch your carb count.
- Use a silicone baking mat when baking any kind of cookie for perfect cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before eating them. They need time to set up properly.
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes:
- Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto No-Bake Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar monkfruit (or regular brown sugar if not keto)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Lily's Sugar Free semi-sweet chocolate chips (or regular if not keto)
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. The mixture will be thick.
- Using a one inch cookie scoop place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes for soft and chewy or 15 for crunchier cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool at least 10 minutes to finish setting.
Sprinkle with sea salt for a sweet and salty treat.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 cookies Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 8.7gCholesterol: 10.3mgSodium: 75mgCarbohydrates: 5.4gNet Carbohydrates: 3.3gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 1.5gProtein: 3.8g