These flourless peanut butter cookies are packed with dark chocolate chips and perfectly soft and chewy. Naturally gluten-free, keto-friendly, and about 3 net carbs each!
If you are a peanut butter hater you were probably already super close to unfollowing me since I just shared the Peanut Butter Banana Granola Bars, and the Peanut Butter Protein Muffins. I am sorry! I can’t help it!
These cute little peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are flourless. Yes, that’s right. These soft and chewy cookies are naturally gluten free, low carb and refined sugar free!
This gluten-free peanut butter cookies recipe is based off of a recipe I found in my Mom’s collection of recipes. It was on a tattered, yellowed little piece of paper and just said one cup of peanut butter, one cup white sugar, one egg. Since finding this recipe years ago I have played around with it and perfected the recipe for the perfect chewy keto peanut butter chocolate chip cookie.
What’s in Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies?
These are super easy easy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies! Here’s all you’ll need for the recipe:
- Peanut butter
- Brown Sugar Monkfruit (or regular brown sugar if not keto)
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Lily’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips : These come in so many varieties, making it easy to change up these cookies if you prefer other flavors!
- Peanuts (optional)
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
Making gluten-free peanut butter cookies couldn’t be simpler! Here are the basic steps:
First you’ll want to preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. While that is warming up, combine all cookie ingredients in a mixing bowl. I find that it is easier for the dough to form if you save the chocolate chips for last.
Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, form the cookies and place on a cookie sheet lined with a silicone baking mat. These are the best at making sure your cookies cook evenly and don’t stick to the pan. If you don’t have one, at least make sure your cookie sheet is greased to try to prevent that issue.
Bake cookies 10-12 minutes for soft, chewy cookies. If you prefer crunchier cookies (great if you plan to crumble them for an ice cream topping or a cheesecake crust), cook up to 15 minutes.
What Kind of Peanut Butter Should I Use?
You want to use a creamy peanut butter for this recipe. I’ve only tested the recipe with traditional brands like JIF, but a natural peanut butter should work too. The peanut butter I used has about 6 net carbs per 2 tablespoons. If you use a low-carb peanut butter with no added sugar, you can likely lower the carb count even more.
Can I Use Another Kind of Nut Butter?
Yes, you can substitute almond butter, cashew butter or sunflower butter in this recipe. Just note some other nut butters tend to be runnier than peanut butter, so it may result in thinner cookies. Be sure to stir the nut butter up very good before using to make sure you incorporate all of the oil properly. You could try chilling the dough before scooping to prevent the dough from thinning if your peanut butter is on the runny side.
How to Store Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
After baking, you can store these cookies at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. To thaw, simply set out at room temperature at least 30 minutes (perfect for placing in a lunchbox–It’ll be ready by noon!).
This recipe is also easy to freeze before cooking! Mix your dough, scoop using a 1-inch scoop, then freeze cookie dough (not touching) on a baking sheet. After 1-2 hours, transfer to a freezer bag. When cooking from frozen, add 2-5 minutes to make sure they are cooked throughout.
Tips for the Best Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- You’re welcome to switch up the mix-ins, if desired. You could use peanut butter chips, chocolate chunks, butterscotch chips, walnuts, etc. in place of the mix-ins listed below. If making keto cookies just use sugar free varieties and watch your carb count.
- Use a silicone baking mat when baking any kind of cookie for perfect cookies.
- Let the cookies cool for about 10 minutes before eating them. They need time to set up properly.
- Top with sea salt if you want a salty-sweet treat! Salt really brings out a great flavor from the peanut butter.
More Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes:
- Keto White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto No-Bake Cookies
Want more? Check out this list of the BEST Keto Cookies (all gluten free!)
Chocolate Chip Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar monkfruit or regular brown sugar if not keto
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup Lily's Sugar Free semi-sweet chocolate chips or regular if not keto
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients. The mixture will be thick.
- Using a one inch cookie scoop place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies 10-12 minutes for soft and chewy or 15 for crunchier cookies.
- Allow the cookies to cool at least 10 minutes to finish setting.