These Italian Baked Mushrooms are smothered in a delicious butter, garlic, and herb sauce! This is the perfect easy, low-carb side dish recipe!
Today I’m introducing you to a one-dish wonder! These Italian Baked Mushrooms are the perfect simple side that is naturally low in carbs, but big on flavor! With basic ingredients like mushrooms, butter, garlic, herbs, and parmesan, this dish comes together quickly and with minimal effort.
Be sure to make a batch of these Red Lobster Keto Biscuits to soak up that buttery, garlicky goodness from these delicious mushrooms, you will be glad you did!
Ingredients in Italian Baked Mushrooms
As always, you will find the complete recipe at the bottom of this post, just keep scrolling. This is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for these easy baked mushrooms:
- Mushrooms: any variety works, but I love the flavor Baby Bella has in this recipe.
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Herbs: parsley and chives
- Spices: salt and pepper
- Parmesan: Asiago or Gruyere also works well
How to make low carb Italian Baked Mushrooms
This side dish is naturally low in carbs and it’s so simple to make that you will want to make them again and again!
- First, you’ll preheat your oven and fill a rimmed baking sheet with the mushrooms. It’s okay if they overlap a bit because they will shrink as they cook.
- Mix together the melted butter, oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper, and once they are well-combined drizzle the mixture over the mushrooms. Toss the mushrooms until they are coated.
- Once the mushrooms are ready to bake, pop them in the oven for 10 minutes and then turn them and bake an additional 5-10 minutes. When they have reached your desired tenderness you can garnish them with parmesan and additional herbs.
How to serve keto garlic and herb mushrooms
The possibilities with these mushrooms are endless! I love serving them with any meal and here are a few of our favorites.
- They are great in a breakfast omelet, especially in this steak and feta omelet.
- You can never go wrong with any of these chicken recipes! Asparagus Stuffed Chicken, Easy Pesto Chicken, Broccoli Cheddar Stuffed Chicken, or Bacon Wrapped Chicken.
- If you love seafood like we do you have got to try these mushrooms with this Garlic Butter Salmon and Broccoli Sheet Pan Dinner, Lemon Garlic Fish, or these Grilled Shrimp, and Vegetable Kabobs!
- Italian Baked Mushrooms would be great on a burger or with these Keto Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats.
- These Easy Keto Steak Wraps are just calling for a side of these delicious mushrooms!
How to store and reheat
If you have leftover mushrooms you can store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days. They will reheat great in the microwave or sauteed in a skillet.
If you need to save the mushrooms for longer than 3-5 days I suggest freezing them. Raw mushrooms can turn mushy after freezing but cooked mushrooms freeze beautifully! Let them cool to room temperature and then freeze them in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet. Once they have frozen you can transfer them to a freezer bag. When you are ready to reheat your frozen mushrooms do so in a skillet or the microwave without thawing.
- 16 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced (3-4 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the sliced mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet. It is okay if they overlap a little bit because they will shrink as they cook.
- In a mixing bowl combine the melted butter, oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Drizzle the mixture over the mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Roast the mushrooms 10 minutes, turn and bake an additional 5-10 minutes until they reach your desired tenderness.
- Garnish with parmesan and additional herbs if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: Roughly 1/2 cup, but it will depend on how much your mushrooms reduce as they cook.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 8.2gCholesterol: 15.3mgCarbohydrates: 5.6gNet Carbohydrates: 4.4gFiber: 1.2gSugar: 2.8gProtein: 3.3g