The filling in these Keto Ground Beef Zucchini Boats tastes just like a cheeseburger! The perfect easy weeknight keto meal at roughly 4.5 net carbs per serving.
You guys! These Keto Ground Beef Zucchini Boats are delicious! One of the things I find hardest about the keto lifestyle is how tricky it can be to incorporate my favorite fruits and vegetables. Thankfully, zucchini is a versatile, keto-approved veggie that we love.
Zucchini boats have been a staple in our gluten-free house for a long time, but I never thought to try a cheeseburger version.
These low carb zucchini boats are packed with cheesy ground beef in a creamy sauce with hints of tomato and mustard to mimic a real cheeseburger! This filling is also great in a lettuce wrap for an easy keto lunch. This is an easy, cheesy, keto dinner you will love!
Ingredients in Ground Beef Zucchini Boats
To make these keto stuffed zucchini boats, you’ll need:
- Ground beef
- Tomato paste
- Cream cheese
- Beef broth
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium sized skillet, brown the ground beef and and drain off any grease.
- Add tomato paste, mustard, cream cheese, broth and spices.
- Stir well and let the mixture simmer until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the center.
- Place zucchini boats on a large baking sheet and carefully spoon the cheeseburger mixture into the zucchini. Top with cheese.
- Bake minutes until the zucchini is fork tender.
Can I Meal Prep This Recipe?
If meal prepping, you may want to just make the cheeseburger filling in advance and then wait to assemble the zucchini boats until you’re ready to bake them. You can even hollow out the zucchini ahead of time and chill them until ready to use!
Once cooked, I prefer eating the baked zucchini boats right away (baked and then reheated zucchini tends to turn mushy).
Tips for Making Keto Zucchini Boats
- You can use ground beef or ground turkey in this recipe. Ground beef will deliver the most authentic cheeseburger flavor, but I like to use ground turkey sometimes to keep the dish a little lighter.
- I’ve found that the easiest way to hollow out the zucchini is with a metal teaspoon.
- Don’t throw away the zucchini flesh that you scoop out! It can be added to stir-fries, soups, and more.
More Low-Carb Zucchini Recipes:
- Keto Taco Zoodle Casserole
- Zucchini Tortillas
- Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Grilled Chicken and Zucchini Skewers
- 3 medium size zucchini, halved and cored
- 1 pound ground beef (may also use turkey)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat, brown meat and and drain off any grease.
- Add tomato paste, mustard, cream cheese, broth and spices. Stir well and let mixture simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the center. (I find this easiest with a metal teaspoon)
- Place zucchini boats on a large baking sheet and carefully spoon the cheeseburger mixture into the zucchini.
- Top with cheese and bake 20-24 minutes until the zucchini is fork tender.
Cheese: Use Pepper Jack cheese for a spicy version!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 boat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 17.6gCarbohydrates: 6.5gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 0gProtein: 22.1g
I have included the nutrition information below, but I want to mention this is my best estimate. Since the zucchini is hollowed out it is really hard to calculate the actual nutrition. This nutrition estimate uses 3 full NOT HOLLOWED zucchini, so the actual carb count is probably less.