These low carb Keto Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats are packed with meat, cheese and a savory sauce! The perfect easy weeknight keto meal! Roughly 4.5 net carbs per serving!
You guys! These Keto Cheeseburger Zucchini Boats are delicious! One of the things I find hardest about the keto lifestyle is how tricky it can be to incorporate my favorite fruits and vegetables. Thankfully, zucchini is a versatile, keto approved veggie that we love! Zucchini boats have been a staple in our gluten free house for a long time, but I never thought to try a cheeseburger version.
These low carb zucchini boats are packed with cheesy meat in a creamy sauce with hints of tomato and mustard to mimic a real cheeseburger! This filling is also great in a lettuce wrap for an easy keto lunch! I used ground turkey in this recipe because it is my personal preference but you can certainly use ground beef. This is an easy, cheesy, keto dinner you will love!
- 3 medium size zucchini, halved and cored
- 1 pound of ground turkey or ground beef
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat brown meat and and drain off any grease. Add tomato paste, mustard, cream cheese, broth and spices. Stir well and let mixture simmer for 5-7 minutes until the cream cheese has melted and the mixture thickens.
- Meanwhile, slice zucchini lengthwise and scoop out the center. (I find this easiest with a metal teaspoon)
- Place zucchini boats on a large baking sheet and carefully spoon the cheeseburger mixture into the zucchini. Top with cheese and bake 20-24 minutes until the zucchini is fork tender.
Use Pepper Jack cheese for a spicy version!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 boat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 267Total Fat: 17.6gCarbohydrates: 6.5gFiber: 1.7gSugar: 0gProtein: 22.1g
I have included the nutrition information below, but I want to mention this is my best estimate. Since the zucchini is hallowed out it is really hard to calculate the actual nutrition. This nutrition estimate uses 3 full NOT HOLLOWED zucchini, so the actual carb count is probably less.
Other Easy Keto Recipes