Easy and delicious Cheddar Ranch Keto Sausage Balls are the perfect Keto appetizer! Less than one net carb per ball!
Oh boy, this is a good one! We have become completely addicted to my Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites and I wanted to come up with something similar, but a little less like breakfast food. These Keto Sausage Balls are packed with zesty ranch and sharp cheddar flavor! These are perfect for a low carb Keto appetizer or to make ahead and pack for lunches!
These differ a bit from my Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites because they use almond four and flax meal (ground flax seeds) instead of coconut flour. I love and use both types of flour, but I know some people have a harder time with coconut flour because it absorbs moisture completely differently and can be a little trickier to work with.
Now, the important stuff. How many carbs? According to my nutrition calculator these come to 0.08 gram of carbs per ball, and because I use flax we really pumped up the fiber content in this recipe to 0.05 gram of fiber per ball. Which means each Keto Sausage Ball has a net carb of 0.03. Can I get an amen?! You can find the full nutrition information right below the recipe.
If you are looking for other low carb options try our Keto dinner rolls, Low Carb One Pan Cabbage Casserole, or our Easy Buffalo Roast Chicken.
- 1 pound sausage, cooked and drained (plain and spicy work well for this recipe)
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning (if you are gluten free the HV Ranch salad dressing mix is gluten free, the dip mix is not labeled gf)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook your breakfast sausage, drain and set it aside to cool slightly.
- When the sausage has cooled add it to a mixing bowl and combine with the cream cheese until there are no cream cheese clumps left.
- **It is important to make sure the sausage is not too hot before continuing as it will cook the egg when you add it in the next step**
- Stir in the Ranch seasoning mix, almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, shredded cheddar and egg.
- Grease a baking sheet and using a small cooking scoop place the sausage balls on the tray.
- I had 30 balls total
- Bake 15-18 minutes.
You May Also Like