This Keto Sesame Chicken Stir Fry features thinly sliced chicken and zucchini with a rich Asian sauce. At just 2 net carbs per serving and ready in 30 minutes this is the ultimate easy low carb meal!
This is one of the absolute easiest dinners to make. This is my “I’m too tired to cook dinner” it has basic ingredients we usually have on hand, it can be customized based on your preferences, it takes one pan and it is low carb. Seriously, what more do you need? This recipe is an adaptation of one of my all time favorite recipes on this site, steak lo mien. If you aren’t watching your carbs definitely add it to your list of things to try it is so easy and packed with flavor!
I use the same sauce (modified just a tad to make it keto compliant) but instead of pouring it over noodles I add it to a skillet full of pan seared chicken and zucchini. This makes an excellent low carb stir fry, you really won’t even miss the noodles or rice! I top mine with chopped green onions and cashews. Now, if you are familiar with keto you may think that cashews are a no no and generally they are. I only use 2 tablespoons chopped as a garnish to add a little crunch. If you want to leave them out you can, or you can do peanuts which is a little lower in carbs. As written with the cashews, one serving comes close to 2 net carbs so I feel fine about adding the cashews.
What other low carb stir fry ingredients can I use?
This is an easy one to switch up based on what you have on hand. The sauce is a very delicious, rich asian sauce that pairs well with lots of other proteins and vegetables. These are some low carb ingredients that would work:
- Pork, cut into strips like this recipe
- Snow Peas
- Sliced bell pepper
- Sliced Radish
- For the Sesame Sauce
- 1/4 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar swerve (or other keto friendly sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- For the Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or sesame oil for frying
- 1.5 pounds of chicken, thinly sliced
- 1 medium size zucchini, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- For Garnish
- 2 tablespoons cashews, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- Combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sweetener, sesame oil and garlic, stir well and set aside.
- Heat a medium size skillet to medium heat. Add one tablespoon oil for frying.
- Thinly slice the chicken breast and season with salt and pepper (to your taste)
- Add chicken to skillet and fry for 5-6 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add in sliced zucchini, stir and cook 2-3 more minutes.
- Add sesame sauce, stir until completely coated.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer 10 minutes.
For a spicy version add one tablespoon Sirarcha to the sesame sauce
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Total Fat: 11.7gCarbohydrates: 2.1gFiber: 0.3gProtein: 40.6g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!