If you have glanced at the recipe index you may notice that the number of side dish recipes are kind of sparse.
This is not for lack of trying, I can assure you. I am constantly trying to think of new and exciting side dishes to share with you, however I feel that most of them are far from “blog worthy” so I don’t share them with you. And the ones that are blog worthy are pretty much 100% potato recipes. I cannot help it! I am a carb loving girl! I will take them anyway, baked, mashed, smashed, stewed, grilled, fried, white, red, or sweet. Whatever, I don’t care. I don’t discriminate! Give me those wonderful, filling carbtastic potatoes. That is all I want!
But for fear you guys may not be as fond of this particular vegetable as I am, I try to hold off from bombarding you with a zillion of the same kind of recipes. But these..these Lemon Dijon Roast Potatoes are too fantastic not to share! A big plus is that I threw some broccoli in the mix so you can have two side dishes, your greens and your carbs all roasted on one big old pan.
Your going to have to forgive the excess step by step photos today. Sometimes I feel like I am not very good at writing out multistep directions so I hope the photos will help!
So, this is how we do it! Grab some potatoes. I used these abnormally large red potatoes, and gave them a rough chop. I chopped mine pretty small because I was starving and I didn’t want to wait an hour for them to finish cooking. Set your potatoes aside and make up your Lemon Dijon glaze. This is so simple, just basic ingredients like olive oil, lemon juice, a good dose of tangy Dijon mustard, a little salt, pepper, and a smidgen of sugar to mellow out the mustard. Then I threw in a tablespoon of minced green onion just for fun. So whisk your mixture until it is nice and creamy. Now, if you are like me and you taste test as you go, your going to think this is crazy because it is a lot of flavor! But fear not, everything comes together nicely when it roasted, so just trust me!
Toss your potatoes in about 2/3 of the mixture, reserving some for your broccoli. Grab a nice big cookie sheet, line it with foil and give it a good spray with some cooking oil. Now, sprinkle a little Parmesan on half of the pan, just like I did here. Then place your potatoes directly on the Parmesan. Time to roast! Now your just going to pop the potatoes in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
Grab your broccoli and toss it in the rest of the Lemon Dijon sauce. After your potatoes have roasted 25-30 minutes take them out of the oven and give them a good stir. They should be tender and have this fantastic Parmesan crust on them. Place the broccoli on the empty side of the baking sheet and roast for 7-10 more minutes until your broccoli has reached the desired tenderness.
That is it! Fabulous, tangy roast potatoes and broccoli in about 40 minutes! Just serve with lemon wedges and you have a knock your socks off side dish that will please even your pickiest eater!
15 minPrep Time
40 minCook Time
55 minTotal Time
- 4 cups red potatoes, chopped
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray.
- Chop potatoes into small chunks, place in a large ziplock bag or bowl, set aside.
- Combine olive oil, mustard, lemon juice, green onions, sugar, garlic, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl or measuring cup.
- Toss the potatoes in 2/3 of the mustard mixture.
- Sprinkle the parmesan on half of the baking sheet, sprinkle potatoes directly over parmesan. (leaving the other half of the baking sheet empty for your broccoli)
- Bake potatoes for 25-30 minutes.
- In the same ziplock bag or bowl you tossed your potatoes in toss the broccoli with the rest of the mustard mixture.
- After potatoes have roasted for 25-30 minutes remove from oven and lightly stir.
- Place the broccoli on the other side of the pan, put back in the oven for 7-10 minutes until broccoli is roasted.
- Serve with lemon wedges.