This easy Crockpot Ranch Chicken is the perfect set it and forget it meal! It is great for tacos, salads and keto meal prep!
This easy Crockpot Ranch Chicken is a staple in our house. I actually cannot believe I’ve never blogged it before. It is my go-to dinner when I am feeling uninspired because it is extremely versatile. You can toss this with pasta, serve over rice, add to toasted buns with melty cheese, or even tacos! This recipe also happens to be keto!
Years ago when I came up with this, I was inspired by that famous Mississippi roast recipe. We actually cannot have it anymore because it calls for a packaged gravy mix, which isn’t gluten free. However, I loved the flavor of the peppers and the ranch together so I took that and ran with it.
Ingredients in Crockpot Ranch Chicken
This Hidden Valley Ranch chicken recipe has super basic ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Ranch seasoning packet (I use Hidden Valley)
- Pepperoncini peppers
How to Make Crockpot Ranch Chicken
This cream cheese ranch chicken is possibly the easiest recipe ever! You just put all the ingredients into your slow cooker and let the magic happen.
The cream cheese and butter melt and meld with the juice from the peppers and creates the most delicious, creamy sauce. At dinner time, I just shred the chicken and peppers. This ranch packet chicken is so tender it really just falls apart!
How Long Does Ranch Chicken Last?
This Crockpot ranch seasoning chicken will last up to five days in the fridge. Store it in an airtight container!
Can I Freeze Ranch Chicken?
Yes! This cream cheese ranch chicken freezes perfectly. It can be frozen for up to three months. To thaw, place in the fridge overnight.
Ways to Enjoy Ranch Chicken
As I mentioned, this is a great all purpose chicken recipe. Since I have been doing Keto I had this with roasted broccoli and radishes with a little bit of parmesan and then had the leftovers on a “taco shell” (melted provolone cheese or zucchini tortillas) and a salad.
Mr. Maebell, who is not Keto, likes it best on Tostadas or on a toasted gluten-free english muffin. He also loves these easy Air Fryer Potato Wedges for a quick, delicious side.
Tips for Making Crockpot Chicken with Ranch Seasoning
- You want to use a ranch seasoning packet for this recipe, not the pre-made bottled dressing.
- If needed, check that your ranch seasoning is certified gluten-free. I used Hidden Valley ranch seasoning.
- I used full-fat, brick style cream cheese for this recipe, but I bet low-fat cream cheese would work too.
More Keto Chicken Dinners:
- Keto Chicken and Mushroom Skillet
- Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- Keto Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls
- One-Pan Keto Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (1 ounce) package Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix
- 8-10 jarred pepperoncini peppers
- Place all ingredients in a small slow cooker (I use a 2 quart and it fits perfectly).
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir and shred the chicken and peppers when ready to serve.