Add these Flourless Peanut Butter Protein Waffles to your morning routine! These gluten free waffles are a great easy meal prep option!
Gluten Free Meal Prep
Do you do meal prep? Since we are a gluten free family with exactly zero gluten free restaurants near us I do a bit of meal prep to help with the vast amounts of cooking. Most of my prep centers around breakfast. Since we tend to lean more towards easy one pan, sheet pan, slow cooker type dinners I find those don’t really require much prep. But I love having an easy breakfast option to make life easier! One of my favorites (and reader favorites) are my Flourless Peanut Butter Protein Muffins. They are made in a blender, they come together super quickly and they are great for when you need a good grab and go snack. I decided to rework the recipe to make easy and delicious Flourless Peanut Butter Protein Waffles, because come on, every now and then you’ve gotta get your waffle fix!
How do you make flourless waffles?
This is how we make them! We combine bananas, peanut butter, egg, baking powder, protein powder salt, a hint of honey and milk in a blender and blend until it is nice and smooth. Then I stir in a few chocolate chips and chia seeds for good measure and carefully spoon your mixture into a hot waffle iron. For me, this was about one and a half ice cream scoops worth of waffle batter per waffle iron. Cook your waffles according to your machines directions, for me this was about 3 minutes on medium heat.
This makes about 8 regular size waffles (depending on how much batter you put in each) I like to freeze the waffles on a sheet pan and when they are frozen I put them in a freezer bag together. I just grab one (or two!) when it is breakfast time and pop in a toaster! If you eat them right away they are pretty soft and fluffy and they bend well. They are great with a little of your favorite spread on them and banana slices, or folded over for a waffle sandwich! This makes for an easy gluten free breakfast you will love!
- 2 large brown bananas
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons cup honey
- 2 tablespoons protein powder (whatever brand or flavor you prefer, I used chocolate)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Place the first eight ingredients (bananas through salt) in a large blender and blend until smooth. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the blender.
- When mixture is blended smooth stir in the chia seeds and chocolate chips.
- Heat a waffle iron according to manufactures directions to medium heat. If your waffle iron is nonstick spray the iron well. Carefully spoon the mixture into the waffle iron and cook as directed. For my machine the waffles cooked in 3-4 minutes.
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas