This Taco Chaffle Bowl is the perfect keto version of your favorite taco salad! Seasoned taco meat, cheese, lettuce and sour cream are combined in a crispy Chaffle Bowl for less than 3 net carbs!
Taco Chaffle Bowl
If you’re craving a taco salad while on a keto diet, this Keto Chaffle Bowl is for you! Super flavorful ground beef is combined with shredded lettuce, fresh tomatoes, sliced avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese all inside a Chaffle Bowl! This keto taco salad is SO good- it’s just like a classic taco salad but without the carbs! You can enjoy an entire Taco Chaffle Bowl for only 2.5 net carbs!
This Taco Chaffle Bowl is the perfect keto lunch- the bowl only takes 3-4 minutes to cook and you can easily prepare them ahead of time, making this a great recipe for keto meal prep! All you’ll need to prepare the chaffle bowl is this Mini Waffle Bowl Maker! This recipe is super easy, fun and very kid-friendly! Everyone in the house will think this is such a cool dinner and you can easily adapt the recipe to fit everyone’s preferences. So try this fun keto dinner recipe tonight!
For even more chaffle ideas and recipes, check out this post: Everything You Should Know About Chaffles!
What is a Chaffle?
A chaffle is a “cheese waffle”- it’s a waffle made of cheese! This is a great alternative to a traditional waffle for a keto diet. All you’ll need to make chaffles is this Mini Waffle Maker! You may have seen other chaffle recipes that only use cheese and eggs in the ingredients, but I use almond flour and baking powder in mine.
These two ingredients really give the chaffle more of a waffle like texture- they’re nice and fluffy but are still keto! I love chaffles because they are super versatile and customizable and they’re also super easy to meal prep. You can even use them in place of sandwich bread! Check out this recipe for a Basic Keto Chaffle for more info on this favorite keto recipe!
These Chaffle Bowls are made in the same way that traditional chaffles are- just pour the batter in and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the steam is no longer rising from the Waffle Bowl Maker. These Chaffle Bowls store well and another great way to enjoy keto chaffles!
Ingredients in Keto Taco Salad
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our Keto Chaffle Bowl. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Chaffle bowl– you’ll make this with my traditional chaffle ingredients- eggs, shredded cheese, almond flour and baking powder
- Taco meat- try this Keto Taco Seasoning for great flavor with a lower carb count than the store bought version
- Lettuce, tomato, avocado
- Shredded cheese, sour cream
How do I make this taco bowl?
This recipe is so simple! Just layer your lettuce, taco meat, tomato, avocado, cheese and sour cream inside your chaffle bowl and serve!
Substitutions for this taco salad bowl
- Change up the meat! You can customize this recipe so that everyone in your house gets their favorite type. Try Sheet Pan Fajitas for easy chicken, Shredded Beef or Flank Steak!
- Use your favorite vegetables! You could easily add onion, peppers or mushrooms to this recipe. Fajita Veggies would be a perfect addition to this meal!
- Serve with your favorite sauces! Try guacamole, Smoked Queso, Avocado Bacon Dip or Jalapeno Dip!
Is taco seasoning keto?
Store bought taco seasoning is usually low carb, but it contains a starch which adds carbs. This Keto Taco Seasoning does not contain a starch, so it is better for a keto diet. You can make a large batch and keep it on hand at all times!
Are chaffle bowls good for keto meal prep?
Yes, these are a great option for meal prepping! You can prepare the batter ahead of time and keep in the fridge for up to 48 hours. You could also prepare your chaffle bowls ahead of time and store in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
You’ll want to pop them into the air fryer or oven when you’re ready to use them so they’ll crisp up. Just be sure to store your salad ingredients separately, so the bowl doesn’t get too soggy. You can use these chaffle bowls for a more traditional Salad Bowl or for a super fun Breakfast Bowl!
More savory chaffle recipes
- Breakfast Chaffle Bowls
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Chaffle
- Everything You Need to Know about Chaffles
- Pizza Chaffles
Sweet chaffle recipes
- 1 chaffle bowl (see notes for recipe link)
- 1/4 cup seasoned taco meat
- 2 tablespoons chopped lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons avocado
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- Layer your chaffle bowl with your chopped lettuce, cooked taco meat, chopped tomatoes, avocado, cheese and sour cream and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: Nutrition calculated per taco chaffle bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 14.9gCholesterol: 134mgSodium: 295mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 2.5gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 0.8gProtein: 16g