This one pan Chicken Enchilada Skillet is loaded with shredded chicken, tomatoes, green chilies and a creamy sauce! Enjoy a generous serving of this easy keto chicken recipe for under 5 net carbs!
Chicken Enchilada Skillet
This Chicken Enchilada Skillet will cure your Mexican craving without the carbs! Shredded chicken, onion, green chiles and rotel are seasoned with taco seasoning and cooked in a delicious tomato sauce, then topped with cheese and baked! This is a one pan recipe, is ready in under 30 minutes and you can enjoy a generous serving for under 5 net carbs!
This Chicken Enchilada Skillet is such an easy meal to bring together and it is perfect for meal prepping! Prepare early in the week and enjoy for lunch- this meal is packed with protein and will keep you going throughout your day! This is a kid-friendly dinner that will become a regular on your menu- everyone in your house will be requesting this keto dinner recipe again and again!
Ingredients in Mexican Chicken
As always, here is a quick overview of the ingredients used in our keto Chicken Enchiladas. For the complete recipe, just scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Olive oil, chopped onion
- Shredded chicken- try this Crock Pot Salsa Chicken or Zesty Ranch Chicken!
- Green chilies, tomatoes with green chilies, tomato sauce
- Taco seasoning, cheddar cheese
How do I make these Keto Enchiladas?
You can have this one pan recipe on the table in under 30 minutes! Here’s how:
- Heat an oven safe skillet to medium heat and add in the olive oil, chicken, onion, green chilies and tomatoes with green chilies. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the tomato sauce and taco seasoning and stir until simmering.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees until the cheese is browned and bubbly.
Tips for the best Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- To make this recipe even easier, prepare your chicken beforehand in the crock pot!
- If you wanted to use a different meat, these Carnitas or Mexican Shredded Beef would also be fantastic in this recipe!
- Homemade Taco Seasoning is so easy to make and is much lower in sodium than the store bought version.
- If you aren’t strictly keto, you can add these Seasoned Black Beans to this skillet for extra protein.
What should I serve with this keto chicken recipe?
I recommend serving with a low carb tortilla or these Zucchini Tortillas to make fun tacos! This super easy Smoked Queso is always a huge hit in our house and you can never go wrong with Fajita Veggies! For dessert, enjoy Cinnamon Twists or these delicious Air Fryer Cookies! For the adults at the table, enjoy with a classic Keto Margarita, a sugar free Mango Margarita or this Spicy Watermelon Margarita!
How to Store and Reheat Keto Enchiladas
To store this keto chicken, place in a plastic or glass container with an airtight lid and keep in the fridge. This chicken skillet will stay fresh for up to four days. To reheat, just microwave in 30 second increments until it’s hot enough for you.
Is this Mexican Chicken good for keto meal prep?
This is a great meal prep recipe! Make early in the week and store in meal prep containers. Grab your container in the morning and enjoy a filling, low carb lunch!
More keto Mexican recipes
More one pan recipes
- One Pan Keto Philly Cheesesteak
- Keto Green Chile Chicken
- One Pan Tuscan Chicken
- Keto Cabbage Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) green chiles, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat a large oven safe skillet to medium heat. Add the olive oil, chicken, onion, green chiles, and tomatoes. Cook the mixture 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the taco seasoning and tomato sauce. Stir and cook the mixture until it begins to simmer.
- Remove the skillet from heat and top with cheese. Bake 20 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Cholesterol: 74mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 4.9gFiber: 2.1gSugar: 3.7gProtein: 21g