These Crab and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are packed with creamy cheese, salty bacon and lumps of crab meat. The perfect low carb, keto, five ingredient appetizer!
In this house, we are big into tapas style dinners. Sometimes a good Charcuterie board or some easy appetizers is just more satisfying than a traditional dinner. One of my favorite easy appetizers is stuffed mushrooms. They are naturally low in carbs, taste great with just about anything and they are quick.
My Keto Sausage and Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms have been my traditional go to, but these Crab and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are equally delicious. This elegant appetizer only has five ingredients and can be whipped up in a matter of minutes!
The best part is that these Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms are totally keto approved! They are already low in carbs and the addition of cream cheese and bacon add a substantial amount of fat. These are perfect for appetizers, summer cookouts or a quick dinner!
Ingredients for Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- Baby Bella Mushrooms- whole
- Cream cheese- room temperature is best for this recipe. Reduced or full fat cream cheese will work in this recipe.
- Lump crab meat- canned
- Shredded cheese- Havarti, mozzarella, gruyere all work nicely in this recipe
- Bacon- thickly sliced, cooked
How do you make Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms?
These amazing appetizers come together in a breeze! From start to finish, you’ll have these beauties on the table in less than 30 minutes!
First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray a medium sized cooking sheet with oil and set to the side. Second, wash your mushroom caps well and remove the stems.
Set your washed mushrooms on your baking sheet bottom side up. In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine your cream cheese, canned crab, shredded cheese and chopped bacon and place into your mushroom cap.
Bake for 18-20 minutes and you’re done! These mushrooms didn’t last ten minutes in my house!
Tips for the best Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
If you’ve never made stuffed mushrooms before, there are a few little things you need to be sure you do to get them just right! Here are my tips for amazing Crab Stuffed Mushrooms:
- Be sure to mix your ingredients well. This will help every bite to be delicious, as well as keeping the ingredients contained to the mushroom
- Stuff your mushroom tightly! You don’t want a lot of extra space in your mushroom, or your ingredients may not fully fill the mushroom.
- Hollow out your mushrooms with a spoon (I use a 1/2 teaspoon) before stuffing- this gives more room for your filling!
- Be sure to use brick-style cream cheese. This provides the best consistency for the filling.
- If you are preparing these Crab and Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms beforehand, prepare as described and then place in the fridge before baking.
Are Crab Stuffed Mushrooms keto?
Yes! Mushrooms are naturally low carb and all of the ingredients used are keto approved!
Other Stuffed Mushroom Recipes
I adore stuffed mushrooms- here are some of my favorite recipes!
- Keto Sausage Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prosciutto and Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms
- Keto Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Mushrooms
Keto Appetizers you may enjoy
- Keto Ham and Cheese Rolls
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Roasted Cauliflower
- Keto Jalapeno Poppers
- 5 Ingredient Keto Sausage Balls
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crab meat, drained very well
- 1 cup finely shredded cheese. Havarti, mozzarella, or gruyere work especially well in this recipe.
- 4 slices thick bacon, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a medium size baking sheet with cooking oil and set aside.
- Wash mushroom caps well and remove the stems, place mushrooms on the baking sheet bottom side up.
- Combine the cream cheese, crab, shredded cheese, chopped bacon in a mixing bowl. Place a spoonful of the mixture in each mushroom.
- Bake 18-20 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (about 5 stuffed mushrooms depending on size)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 788mgCarbohydrates: 6.4gNet Carbohydrates: 4.9gFiber: 1.5gSugar: 4.4gProtein: 24g