This Raspberry Red Wine Slushy is packed with sweet red wine, raspberries and topped with decadent chocolate whipped cream!
I don’t know about you guys but it has been a week and a half around here. And it is Thursday…Thursday morning to be exact. How we will make it to Saturday I have no clue. I am thinking I might have something to ease the pain though. Slushy anyone?! Let’s face it. Drinks are way more fun with whipped cream. Want to know what makes fun drinks even more fun? Chocolate whipped cream. Want to know what makes it super fun? If it is a wine slushy topped with chocolate whipped cream.
After I made the Mango Moscato Smoothies I was totally hooked on the idea of a wine slushy. I have never liked slushies before but I was fairly sure I could get on board with the idea of wine+fruit+ice in a nice, ice-cold drink. After all, we still have two official weeks of summer left! So I tried and failed at a red wine slushy several times. I tried strawberries, blueberries, a mixture of the two, and a couple of different wines until I settled on sweet red wine and frozen raspberries. Ah-mazing! Totally what I had been searching for, but something was missing. It needed a little extra oomph.
When in doubt add whipped cream. Always, always add whipped cream. So I beat some heavy whipping cream, sugar, and cocoa powder in the mixer topped these babies off and called it a day. The perfection my friends. Complete and total perfection.
What ingredients do you need for a Red Wine Slushy?
- Red Wine
- Frozen Raspberry
- Sugar (optional)
- Chocolate Whipped Cream: Heavy cream, cocoa powder, sugar
How to make a Red Wine Slushy?
This slushy is super simple to make and it’s the perfect hot summer day drink! First, you’ll blend the wine, frozen raspberries, and sugar for 30 seconds. Then, you’ll strain your slushy mixture to remove any raspberry seeds and continue blending the seed-free liquid with ice. Once your slushy is blended and ready, place it in the freezer while you make the whipped cream.
How to make Homemade Chocolate Whipped Cream
For the chocolate whipped cream you will start by beating the heavy cream, sugar, and cocoa powder with an electric mixer for approximately 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. You can absolutely buy premade chocolate whipped cream if you prefer.
What to serve with red wine slushies?
- This Cilantro Lime Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice is low calorie, low carb, keto-friendly, and packed with flavor! This is a 20-minute meal your entire family will love!
- These One Pan Pork Chops with Cream Sauce are an easy, low-carb recipe that is always a family favorite! This easy comfort food has about 4 net carbs per serving!
- These Keto Peanut Butter Brownies are packed with fudgy chocolate and swirled with a rich peanut butter cheesecake layer! All low-carb and keto approved!
More Homemade Drinks to try:
- Sparkling Pineapple Strawberry Punch
- Keto Coffee Frappuccino
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Vanilla Peach Tea
- Watermelon Limeade
For the Slushy
- 1 cup sweet red wine
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup ice
For the Chocolate Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- To make the slushy blend the wine, frozen raspberries, and sugar (optional) for 30 seconds. Strain slushy mixture through a mesh strainer to remove any raspberry seeds. Place the strained slushy mixture back in the blender with one cup of ice. Blend 30 more seconds. Place mixture in freezer while you make the whipped cream.
- For the chocolate whipped cream: Beat the heavy cream, sugar and cocoa powder with an electric mixer for approximately 5 minutes or until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble, pour slushy into glasses and top with whipped cream.
Other Easy Recipes
While this is not keto, I have many recipes that are! If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!