We like spicy things around here. Like real spicy. Like we-go-through-a-jar-of-hot-sauce-a-week kind of spicy.
But, because you might not like things spicy I try my best to keep my recipes fairly neutral. We normally eat burn your face off chili, but I have been working on a good hearty, bold chili that is full of flavor, but not spicy. I finally found a winner!
This Slow Cooker Three Bean Chili is so easy to throw together and can definitely feed a crowd! Just brown some ground beef and throw it in the crock pot with the rest of your ingredients and let it simmer all day!
This does make a big pot full, so in case you don’t need that much this does freeze really well. Just save half, or whatever you don’t eat and freeze in a large freezer safe ziplock bag. It can be a great back up for for busy nights when you don’t have time to make anything!
10 minPrep Time
8 hrCook Time
8 hr, 10 Total Time
- 2 pounds leaned ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 46 ounce can tomato juice
- 1 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet brown ground beef with chopped onion and drain off any fat.
- Add brown ground beef and onion in a large slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients, stir and set on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Serve with shredded cheese, green onions or your favorite chili fixings!