These Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers are packed with creamy ranch, tangy buffalo sauce and loads of cheese! A perfect easy party appetizer!
If that title doesn’t thrill you, I just don’t know what will. Shredded chicken mixed with creamy ranch-flavored cream cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and zesty buffalo sauce stuffed into sliced mini sweet peppers.
I shared these Pesto Chicken Stuffed Sweet Peppers and showed you just how easy it is to make a meal out of these little sweet peppers. I am totally in love with these things! They are making weeknight meals so easy!
The prep for these Buffalo Sweet Peppers is very similar to the prep for the pesto version. You simply mix the shredded chicken with cream cheese, ranch, buffalo sauce, stuff it in the peppers and top with cheese.
Try them! I bet you won’t be able to eat just one!
What’s Needed for Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers?
To make this quick stuffed peppers recipe, all you’ll need is:
- Mini sweet peppers
- Cooked and shredded chicken
- Reduced fat cream cheese
- Ranch dressing mix
- Frank’s Original Buffalo Sauce
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions
Can I Use Regular Bell Peppers?
Yes! To make this recipe a meal, you can use full-size bell peppers instead of mini sweet peppers. Note that the bake time will be longer.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
This buffalo chicken stuffed peppers recipe is a breeze to make, promise! Here are the basic steps:
- Place sliced sweet peppers in a single layer on a cookie sheet.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce.
- Place a spoonful of the buffalo chicken mixture in each pepper.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with green onions before serving.
Can You Freeze Stuffed Peppers?
Yes! Because the filling for these stuffed sweet peppers uses already cooked ingredients, the peppers are safe to freeze.
I recommend freezing them before you top them with cheese and bake them. Then, all you have to do is take them out of the freezer, sprinkle with cheese, and bake from frozen.
What to Serve with Stuffed Peppers
To make these quick stuffed peppers a meal, serve them with one of the following sides:
- Green Beans Almondine
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Asparagus, Avocado & Tomato Salad
- Chipotle Fingerling Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Wedges
Tips for Making Stuffed Sweet Peppers
- This is a really easy recipe to adjust based on you personal preferences. I recommend using my measurement for buffalo sauce as a guideline, since everyone has different tastes. As written, this is just enough for a nice bit of spice, but it won’t set your mouth on fire.
- To save yourself some time, buy pre-shredded rotisserie chicken at the grocery store.
- Note that this recipe calls for a packet of ranch dressing seasoning mix, NOT the pre-made ranch dressing that comes in a bottle.
- 1 pound mini sweet peppers, tops removed and sliced
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 1/4 cup of Frank's Original Buffalo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Green onions, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place sliced sweet peppers in a single layer on the cookie sheet.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, combine the chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing seasoning, and buffalo sauce.
- Place a spoonful of the buffalo chicken mixture in each pepper. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
- Garnish with additional buffalo sauce and green onions, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 514Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 147mgSodium: 1161mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 42g
To avoid any confusion I remove erythritol from the final carb count and net carb count, as it is not known to affect blood glucose levels. To calculate Keto recipes listed on this site carbs - fiber = net carbs. I use Nutrifox as my nutrition calculator. This nutrition information is an estimate based on the information provided by Nutrifox and the specific ingredients I used.