These Slow Cooker Pumpkin Spiced Apples are the ultimate autumn comfort food! You will love these tender apples packed with pumpkin spice and cinnamon flavor!
Are you ready for this? Because from here on out I am going to be all slow cooker all the time.
It is getting darker and darker every day. I love fall, but I am dreading when it is dark before I even get off work. My internal clock just can’t make sense of darkness before 5pm, I feel like it is bed time. I just want to put on pjs and lay around!
Obviously, the world doesn’t stop spinning after it gets dark and things need to get done. Dinners must be cooked, clothes must be washed, dogs must be fed, you get the idea. BUT my one saving grace is coming home to a big slow cooker full of whatever. It makes my heart happy to walk in the door and know my to do list is not nearly as long as it could be. Thank Heaven for crock pots!
These Pumpkin Spiced Apples are the perfect way to end an autumn day. They are sweet with a hint of pumpkin spice and cinnamon. The pumpkin compliments the apples perfectly, so no longer do you have to choose between your two fall favorites!
I served this as a dessert and topped with with butter pecan ice cream, with a little extra pecans and cinnamon. But this would be fantastic as a side dish to a nice pork roast or maybe these Pecan Crusted Pork Chops?!
And if you have left overs, which you probably won’t, you could use them to make this Salted Caramel Apple Smoothie! See! There are so many reasons you need these Pumpkin Spiced Apples in your life!
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 3 fiji apples, sliced and cored*
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons very hot water
- Turn a small slow cooker (1.5-2 quart size) to low.
- In a small mixing bowl place the melted butter, sugar, pumpkin, vanilla, spices and hot water and mix well.
- Add sliced apples and coat with pumpkin mixture.
- Dump apples in slow cooker.
- Cook on low 4-6 hours depending on how tender you like them. I took mine out at 4.5 hours.
- *Don't cut the apples too thin, or they will cook too quickly.
More Delicious Desserts!