These easy Cajun Shrimp Tostadas are full of zesty shrimp, refried black beans, fresh veggies and a delicious jalapeño ranch sauce! Ready in just 30 minutes and perfect for busy weeknights!
Whoa. Just whoa. I’m onto something here.These crispy tostadas are topped with refried beans, perfectly sauteed cajun shrimp, and garnished with freshly chopped tomatoes, avocado, and green onions. Grab a couple limes and this fabulous jalapeno ranch dip and you have perfection!
The fact that the pictures of these came out good is a complete miracle. I was so totally enthralled at how fabulous these looked and smelled that I snapped about four photos and chowed down! These have all of the flavor of a meal you slaved over but none of the work! This is loaded with protein from the shrimp and refried beans and all of the extras are healthy, too! And this is a really versatile meal you can change based on your preferences. I actually double stacked some of the tortillas to make it even more hearty.
Truth be told, I am not a huge fan of shrimp. I mean I eat it, kind of. But if Mr. Maebell didn’t absolutely love it I would probably never cook it, but I have got to tell you, this is so darn good I could eat it again and again!
A huge bonus is how quickly it comes together. I made homemade tostadas by frying corn tortillas in a little oil, but you could just purchase the premade ones if you prefer. Using the premade tostadas cuts this down to a 15 minute meal. Yes, really! This is the ultimate weeknight dinner.
So without further ado, I bring you Cajun Shrimp Tostadas! Go on, try it! You will love it!
10 minPrep Time
5 minCook Time
15 minTotal Time
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can refried beans
- 6-8 tostadas
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 2 limes
- Combine the Italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss the shrimp in the seasoning in a large plastic bag. Set aside.
- Chop your tomatoes, green onions, avocado, and limes for garnishes and set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet heated to medium high heat. Cook shrimp 3 minutes, flip, then cook 2 more minutes or until shrimp is pink and tender.
- Heat the refried beans in a small sauce pan on the stove or microwave them until warm.
- Assemble by covering each tostada with a spoonful of warm refried beans, cooked shrimp, and the rest of your fixings.
- If you would like to make homemade tostadas just heat a large skillet over medium heat with just enough oil to lightly cover the bottom of the pan. Heat 2 or 3 corn tortillas for approximately 3 minutes on each side until golden and crisp. Lightly salt them if you wish.
- Making the tostadas instead of using the store bought version makes this a bit longer than a 15 minute meal to prepare, but it is worth the extra effort!
Easy Dinner Recipes