This Jalapeño Ranch Dip is the perfect addition to any party. Serve with chips, pretzels, veggies, and more!
My love for snack food runs deep. I mentioned it before when I shared this Crab and Artichoke Dip with you, but every single Sunday night of my childhood we ate junk food for dinner.
To this day, I still believe cheese and crackers, popcorn, and chips and dip are a complete meal. I can’t help it! It is just engrained in me just like “don’t leave wet towels on the floor” or “there is really no point in making your bed.” (yes, that was really my mom’s philosophy!)
Because of this snack food addiction, I am always looking for ways to put a healthy spin on traditional junk food. This Jalapeño Ranch Dip is a great example. It uses light sour cream, fresh jalapenos, cilantro and lime juice to make a tasty, refreshing dip you will love. And a big bonus is that it takes about two minutes to prepare! This is a great one to hang on to in case you need to take something out to the lake to snack on this summer or an easy appetizer for your Memorial Day picnic.
Since I made this I have been putting it on everything! I drizzled it over shrimp tostados, stuffed pablano peppers, and dunked sweet potato fries in it. It really goes well with anything. So if your looking for a quick and easy recipe give this one a try, it won’t disappoint!
Ingredients for Jalapeño Ranch Dip
To make this spicy sour cream ranch dip, you’ll need the following basic ingredients:
- Light sour cream
- Ranch dressing mix
- Fresh cilantro
- Lime juice
How to Make Jalapeño Ranch Dip
This jalapeño dip is a breeze to whip up! Just add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Seriously, that’s it!
What to Serve with Ranch Chip Dip
It goes without saying that this jalapeño ranch dipping sauce pairs perfectly with tortilla chips. If you need some other dipping options, here are my favorites:
- Potato chips
- Tortilla chips
- Sliced veggies
- Buffalo Wings
- Zucchini Fries
- Chicken Tenders
Tips for Making Jalapeño Dip
- For a spicier dip, leave the seeds in the jalapeño peppers.
- I used light sour cream, but you could likely achieve similar results with plain Greek yogurt.
- Note that this recipe calls for a packet of dry ranch dressing mix, not the pre-made liquid dressing in a bottle.
More Easy Chip Dips:
- Avocado Bacon Dip
- Blue Cheese Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Dip
- Slow Cooker Corn Dip
- Crab and Artichoke Dip
- 1 (16 ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 package ranch dressing mix
- 3 fresh jalapeños, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- In a blender or food processor add your seeded jalapenos. Then pulse the blender a few times just until the jalapenos are broken up into chucks.
- Add cilantro and pulse a few more times until your peppers and cilantro are broken up.
- Add sour cream, ranch mix, and the juice from the lime. Blend until mixture is completely incorporated.
- Serve chilled. I think this is better the next day when the flavors have had time to meld together, but it can be served immediately.