Creamy peanut butter is swirled with strawberry jam, oats and nuts for the perfect healthy, crunchy snack!
We are major peanut butter lovers in this house. In fact, if we had to choose one ingredient we couldn’t live without it would absolutely be peanut butter. On more than one occasion I have seen that sweet husband of mine put away a five pound jar, yes five pounds of peanut butter away in under a week.
While I do enjoy this food, I don’t love it quite as much as he does. So, I have had to find lots of different recipes so I don’t get sick of it. Enter, peanut butter & jelly granola.
I make granola every week but I was tired of our normal go to recipes. I knew whatever I did had to include peanut butter so I thought of all the tried and true flavor combos. You know, chocolate, banana, honey, etc. I just wasn’t feeling it.
Then it hit me, of course! PB&J! Why hadn’t I done this before?
This recipe has shot to the top of our granola list. It is softer than most granola I make, but I am totally fine with that because you wouldn’t eat a crunchy PB&J, right?
This is totally customizable, based on your preferences. I used a strawberry jam that had small chunks of strawberries, I love that little extra oomph it gives the granola. But you can use grape or another flavor if you prefer. I think I will try blackberry jam next. Just be sure to pair this with creamy vanilla yogurt and fresh fruit for a perfectly healthy snack!
5 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 2 cups of old fashion oats, I used gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup your favorite jelly, I used Strawberry
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl combine the honey, peanut butter, jelly, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
- Add oats, peanuts and pecans, stir until they are coated well.
- Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray and spread granola evenly in a single layer bake 10 minutes, stir, bake 5 more minutes.
- The mixture may seem soft when you remove it from the oven but it firms up as it cools.