Slow Cooker Sweet Corn and Roasted Poblano Dip makes for an impressive appetizer without any work! Just toss your ingredients in the slow cooker and come home to a creamy, cheesy dip!
I propose a movement. A grass roots movement of sorts. A movement to declare appetizers a food group of their own. I think they need a place of prominence on the food pyramid. Cheesy dips, crunchy chips, spicy wings! Yes! Who can live without them!
I was longing for a filling cheesy dip around 8am the other day. Since that was obviously not an appropriate breakfast option I threw some ingredients in the slow cooker and decided my craving would have to wait.
This dip was out of this world. The combo of sweet corn, roasted poblanos, tomatoes, cheese and ranch is kind of unstoppable. We ate it as written with chips and had zero leftovers then I made it again and added half a pound of cooked ground beef for a more filling option and it was great too. But I think I prefer the pure veggies and cheese in all their glory!
This Slow Cooker Sweet Corn and Poblano Dip is such an easy one to keep around for get togethers or a fun treat for a weeknight fiesta!
- 1 12 ounce package frozen sweet corn
- 4 fresh poblano peppers, roasted and chopped
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
- 1 8 ounce package reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 package dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Set your broiler to low and set your pobalnos on a baking sheet.
- Place the peppers directly under the broiler and let them roast. Watch closely.
- They will begin to look charred and blisters will form. Rotate so both sides are roasted evenly.
- Remove peppers from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully peel the skin away from the peppers, this should come right off.
- Chop peppers, discarding stems and seeds.
- Combine the frozen corn, chopped peppers, undrained can of tomatoes, cream cheese, ranch and cheese.
- Pour dip mixture into a small crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- **optional** You can add ½ pound cooked lean ground beef if you wish.