Is there anything better than breakfast? Specifically a good hearty breakfast.
No. The answer is, absolutely not.
It has been a super cold, rainy, snowy, gross week here. The kind of weather than makes you want to stay in bed, or huddle with your fur babies on the couch in your fleece pajamas.
The only real way to handle weather like this indulge in some good old comfort food. It is definitely the only way to motivate me to get up when we are deep in the throws of the winter blues.
This sausage ball recipe is a twist on the good old Bisquick recipe that has been around forever. I use less flour, and an entire block of cream cheese. This makes for a much more moist, flavorful, indulgent breakfast treat. I also always use the hot sausage to add an even greater kick, but any variety will work fine.
Just in case you aren’t feeling these for breakfast, these little guys also make great appetizers, we love to dip them in Boar’s Head Honey Mustard.
- 1 pound spicy sausage
- 1/2 cup Bisquick or flour (I use GF Bisquick)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 block cream cheese (I used reduce fat)
Preheat oven to 400
- In a large mixing bowl combine flour, paprika and baking powder, give a quick stir until combined.
- Add sausage, cream cheese, milk and stir really well. If you have a stand mixer, I would use it, it makes this so much easier.
- When everything is mixed well add the shredded cheddar and mix lightly until just distributed evenly.
- Grab a large cookie sheet and spay with cooking spray, set aside
- Use your hands to roll the sausage into golf ball size balls. I find this is a bit easier if your hands are wet.
- Bake 20 minutes, enjoy!