Try this Iced Peppermint Latte for a fun holiday treat! This easy coffee drink can be made keto-friendly for under 3 net carbs!
I’m a big coffee lover. This is evident when you see the majority of my drink recipes involve coffee or when you consider how many ways I’m able to include coffee in my snacks! Whether it’s candy, almond butter bars, cheesecake, or bread, I can pretty much always find a way to throw in coffee!
This time, I just wanted a simple, festive, low-carb drink to get me through the day. This is the South so we get to enjoy our iced coffees year-round (those random 60-degree weeks in December are just lovely!), and I wanted to use that to my advantage! So with that in mind, the Keto Iced Peppermint Latte was the next recipe I wanted to tackle.
I love this because it’s very simple and it’s packed with flavor. You can use sugar-free peppermint syrup if you have it, but you can also make it by adding a keto-friendly sweetener and some extract, making it an inexpensive, quick way to save yourself a trip to Starbucks (and skip a ton of carbs)!
Ingredients for Keto Peppermint Latte
For this keto-friendly coffee drink you need a few basic ingredients. If you are not keto, no worries, you can use regular non-keto ingredients, just check out my notes below:
- Espresso: true espresso works best in this recipe, but if you don’t have an espresso machine, you can use very strongly brewed or double brewed coffee.
- Almond milk: unsweetened almond milk if keto; if not keto you can use your favorite milk.
- Sweetener: monkfruit or Swerve if keto. Sugar or coconut sugar if not keto.
- Peppermint extract: you can find this in the baking aisle.
How do I make Peppermint Ice Coffee at home?
This drink is so easy to make! First you’ll fill a 16 ounce glass 3/4 full with ice, then pour the almond milk over ice to chill. Next, you’ll brew your espresso shots and add your syrup OR your sweetener + extract. Stir until well mixed and the sweetener has dissolved.
Finally, pour the espresso over your milk. If you’re feeling fancy, top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and crushed peppermint candies!
How many carbs are in a Starbucks Iced Peppermint Latte?
A grande (16 ounce) Iced Mint Chiffon Latte will set you back 160 calories and 33 carbs! This keto-friendly variety is just 48 calories and 2.5 net carbs. Save your money AND your carbs by making this copycat recipe at home!
Can I make a keto peppermint latte ahead of time?
Because this is an iced drink, I don’t recommend making it far in advance. The ice will melt and the flavor will be drastically watered down! If you need to save some time, you could brew your espresso up to a day in advance, but it’s always best when it’s fresh!
If you’re looking for a cold coffee drink that can easily be meal prepped, I recommend this Cold Brewed Coffee. It can stay in the fridge and be ready to go when you are!
More keto coffee drinks:
- Keto Mocha Frappuccino (or this Peppermint version)
- Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Almond Butter Frappuccino
- Keto Coffee Frappuccino: Starbucks Copycat (or this Caramel version)
Looking for low-carb bakery treats to serve with coffee? Here are some of my favorites!
- Low Carb Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Easy Keto Bagels
- Bakery Style Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Pumpkin Muffins (or these Double Chocolate Muffins)
- Fudgy Keto Cheesecake Brownies (or this Mocha Cheesecake version)
Iced Peppermint Latte
- 1 cup cold almond milk regular milk if not keto
- 2 shots freshly brewed espresso
- 1 tablespoon confectioners monkfruit sweetener + 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract OR 2 tablespoons sugar free Peppermint Syrup
- Fill a 16 ounce glass 3/4 full with ice. Pour the milk over the ice.
- Brew the two espresso shots, add the monkfruit and peppermint extract, then stir until the sweetener has dissolved.
- Pour the espresso over the milk, top with whipped cream if desired.