These Chicken Bacon Ranch Zucchini Boats are loaded with tender chicken, crispy bacon and loads of cheese! Each zucchini boat is just 2.5 net carbs each making it the perfect keto dinner!
Don’t you love when you find an easy dinner that everyone in your family loves? That is exactly how I feel about these Chicken Bacon Ranch Zucchini Boats. This is a meal everyone devours happily! Zucchini boats are on regular rotation in our house. We have them at least twice a week in the summer months when the zucchini is plentiful.
If you are new to zucchini boats, the concept is super simple. Simply slice a zucchini lengthwise, remove the inside of the zucchini to create a well, and stuff it with filling! Our family really loves this Buffalo Chicken and Cheeseburger flavors!
Ingredients in Chicken Bacon Ranch Zucchini Boats
As always, you will find the complete recipe below, just keep scrolling.
- Zucchini: medium size zucchini work great for this recipe.
- Shredded Chicken: cooked, shredded chicken.
- Cream Cheese
- Ranch Dressing
- Ranch Seasoning: such as Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- Bacon: cooked and chopped
- Shredded Cheddar
How do you make Keto Zucchini Boats?
This recipe is very simple and basically has two parts. Firstly, you needs to slice your zucchini lengthwise and and remove as much of the inside of the zucchini as you wish. You want to have a nice well that you can fill with cheesy chicken mixture.
Secondly, combine your cheesy chicken filling by mixing the cooked shredded chicken, cream cheese, ranch dressing, ranch seasoning, cheddar cheese and bacon together. Stuff the boats with the chicken mixture and top with cheese. Then just bake until bubbly and fork tender!
Tips for the Best Zucchini Boats
- I’ve found that the easiest way to hollow out the zucchini is with a metal teaspoon.
- Don’t throw away the zucchini flesh that you scoop out! It can be added to stir-fries, soups, and more.
- Cooking times may vary slightly depending on how much zucchini you scoop out (if you leave a thick zucchini boat it will take longer to cook than a thin zucchini boat). Check to make sure the zucchini is fork tender before you remove from the oven.
Other Keto Meals
- One Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet. This recipe serves 4 and reheats so well. Serve with small sweet pepper slices and low carb ranch or a side salad.
- Sesame Pork and Green Beans. This recipe serves 4 and comes in at 4.5 net carbs. Since this is my meat and veggie I don’t usually add a side, but I do like to take a little something sweet.
- While I don’t assemble these wraps days ahead of times I do cook the bacon and store in the fridge so they can be prepared in just a few minutes. I love a good crunchy lettuce wrap and this Keto Club Wrap never disappoints.
- This one might just be my favorite, I enjoy it for breakfast, lunch and dinner! These Keto Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites are only 1 net carb each. Make a double batch and you’ve got snacks for days!
More Low-Carb Zucchini Recipes:
- Keto Taco Zoodle Casserole
- Zucchini Tortillas
- Keto Tuna Zoodle Casserole
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and shredded
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the zucchini length wise and use a small spoon or teaspoon to remove the inside of the zucchini and form a "boat"
- Place the hollowed zucchini in a 9x13 baking dish.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine the cooked chicken, half the cooked bacon, cream cheese, ranch dressing, ranch seasoning, and half the shredded cheddar.
- Top with the remaining shredded cheddar
- Bake 20-24 minutes until zucchini is fork tender.
- Top with remaining cooked bacon before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 zucchini boats Serving Size: nutrition calculated per zucchini boat
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 36gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 606mgCarbohydrates: 2.6gNet Carbohydrates: 2.5gFiber: 0.1gSugar: 1.1gProtein: 25g