This hearty keto chili features tons of meat, peppers, spices and tomatoes! At just 8.5 net carbs per serving this low carb, no bean chili will a family favorite!
We take our chili pretty seriously here! My all time favorite is this Turkey Chili. It is hearty, loaded with flavor and perfect for the fall season. However, since it is loaded with beans and swimming in tomato juice it just doesn’t work with my keto diet.
I started experimenting with a keto chili a few weeks ago and I did not have high hopes. I just didn’t think I could create the same flavors without the carbs. Turns out, I was wrong. Mr. Maebell and I have been debating if we like this keto version even MORE than our regular go to chili!
What is in Keto Chili?
Most soups, stews and chilis are based on the same formula. A protein, vegetable, carb, and some sort of liquid. The tricky part about keto versions is creating a hearty enough dish without the carbs. This keto chili features two pounds of meat, peppers, tomatoes and a rich beef broth spiked with tomato sauce. It is the ultimate hearty, protein packed dinner! You may also like this Cheesy Keto Taco Soup!
How many net carbs are in Keto Chili?
This easy keto chili comes to just 8.5 net carbs per bowl. Which is far below a traditional chili recipe! You can top your chili with some sharp shredded cheddar, green onions and sour cream, which is my favorite combo! Some great low carb topping ideas are:
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped green onions
- Chopped avocado
- Fresh or pickled jalapeño slices
- Chopped Red Onion
- Whisps (parmesan crisps)
- Sour cream
- Low carb tortilla strips fried or toasted (I haven’t been able to find a gluten free version)
What are some other easy keto recipes?
- Keto Chili Cheese Chips (one net carb and they taste like Chili Cheese Fritos!)
- Easy Keto Pizza Bites (about one net carb each, great for meal prep)
- Keto Taco Soup (a cheesy taco version of this chili)
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wrap (about 4 net carbs)
- Keto Sesame Shrimp Skewers (2 net carbs per serving, yes really!)
- One Pan Bacon Cheeseburger Skillet (under 4 net carbs and everything you love about a cheeseburger)
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chili powder*
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- *If you enjoy spicy chili I would increase this to 3 tablespoons of chili powder.
Brown the meat over medium heat in a medium size sauce pot or dutch oven.
Drain off any grease
Add the remaining ingredients and stir well.
Allow chili to simmer over medium low heat uncovered for approximately 30 minutes until the tomato juice has reduced and thickened.
You may also like this Cheesy Keto Taco Soup!
Slow Cooker Version:
Brown the meat as directed, drain off any grease and transfer to a slow cooker.
Add the remianing ingredients, stir well.
Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 301 Total Fat: 17.9g Carbohydrates: 11.1g Fiber: 2.6g Protein: 24.3g
Other Easy Keto Recipes
If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!