Try my favorite Cheesy Chicken Bake for an easy one pan, keto-friendly dinner recipe! Each serving of chicken is smothered with green chiles, cheese and ranch for less than 4 net carbs!
Cheesy Chicken Bake
This dinner is a lifesaver! On busy nights, or days when there just isn’t enough time to accomplish everything on your to do list, this Cheesy Chicken Bake is the perfect meal! This one pan chicken casserole is loaded with chicken breast, green chiles, cheese and ranch seasoning!
This meal requires zero prep and comes together in one casserole dish. It is low carb, keto-friendly and naturally gluten free! We love this for weekly meal prep, because it reheats so well!
Ingredients for Cheesy Chicken Bake
This is a slightly spicy chicken casserole thanks to the canned green chilis in it. But it’s not blow your head off spicy, don’t worry! Here’s what you’ll need to make the chicken and cream cheese ranch covered bake:
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Cheese: Cream cheese, Shredded Mozzarella and Cheddar
- Ranch seasoning
- Canned diced green chilis
- Chopped Green Onions
How to Make Keto Chicken Casserole
As always, this is a quick overview of the steps involved for this recipe. The complete, printable recipe is below, just keep scrolling.
- If using large, thick chicken breasts, slice them in half lengthwise. This creates more uniform slices that will cook evenly. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, green onions, ranch and mozzarella. Spread over the chicken.
- Top with the shredded cheddar and bake 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
How do I know when Chicken Casserole is done?
This dish is done when the chicken breast has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Use a meat thermometer and check the thickest part of the chicken. When the temperature reaches 165 degrees F you can safely enjoy!
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes, very easily! Just double the ingredients and bake in a 9×13-inch baking dish until golden and bubbly.
Can I Prep This Recipe in Advance?
Yes, this chicken bake can be assembled and then wrapped in foil and chilled until ready to bake. This may add an additional few minutes to the cooking time. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the dish is cooked through. I would not freeze because the cream cheese and cheese mixture would likely separate.
Tips for Making Cream Cheese Chicken Bake
- Make sure to use room temperature block style cream cheese, this makes it easier to spread.
- Dry the green chiles before adding them to the mix. Simply drain the liquid and dump the green chiles onto a few paper towels. If you skip this step, the topping will be very runny.
- I used shredded cheddar cheese, but Pepper Jack will make for a spicier dish.
- For another twist, you can use Spicy Ranch seasoning in place of regular ranch if you wish.
- If you wanted this delicious dish as a more casual appetizer, you could shred or chop the cooked chicken with the creamy, cheesy topping! It would make a tasty dip or nachos.
What side to serve with Keto Chicken?
Cheesy Dip Recipes:
- Crab and Artichoke Dip
- Bacon Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Slow Cooker Corn Dip
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Dip
- Cheesy Crab and Bacon Dip
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 5 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (4 ounce) can mild green chiles (drained and patted dry)
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breast in half lengthwise, so you have thinner more uniform slices of chicken. Place in a lightly greased casserole dish.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, dry green chiles, green onions, mozzarella and ranch seasoning. Mix well and spread evenly over the chicken breast.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese. Bake 30 -35 minutes until the internal temp of the chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: About 5 ounces (1 breast + topping)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 25gSodium: 415mgCarbohydrates: 3.8gNet Carbohydrates: 3.4gFiber: 0.4gSugar: 1.8gProtein: 41g