This Crispy Garlic Gnocchi is an easy dish ready in under 10 minutes! Gnocchi is sautéed in olive oil with freshly minced garlic until it is perfectly crisp then tossed with basil and parmesan!
Growing up while my Mom was cooking my sister would seek into the kitchen and steal little pieces of dough while my Mom wasn’t looking. Any kind of dough, she loved it. I am so the opposite. I just can’t eat uncooked dough. Other than cookie dough…but why doesn’t love cookie dough?
Her love of all things doughy didn’t fade. To this day she will still order Chicken and Dumplings with a side of dumplings at Cracker Barrel. To me, it’s crazy. I need texture! Crispy, crunchy, anything…just as long as it has some texture to it. So of course, you can guess which of us loves gnocchi!
What is Gnocchi and how do you cook it?
If you have never had gnocchi before it is basically just little balls of potato based dough. It never really peaked my interest until I noticed a gluten free gnocchi at the grocery and I picked it up one day on a whim. It is super simple to prepare, you just boil it like pasta for about 2 minutes or until it floats to the top then top it with whatever you like. Alternatively, after you boil it you can pan sear it in a bit of olive oil until it is nice and crispy. Basically, it is like a tater tot. Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
This Crispy Garlic Gnocchi has become a new favorite around here! This is probably less of an actual recipe and more of a method because you can certainly adjust this based on your preferences. You just need a couple things some cooked gnocchi, olive oil, freshly minced garlic, salt, pepper, garlic powder, parmesan and basil.
After you boil your gnocchi you want to heat a large skillet to medium heat and add a couple tablespoons of olive oil. Make sure you have enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. When the oil is hot add a few cloves of minced garlic and stir, add the gnocchi in a single layer and sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder.
You want the gnocchi to get nice and crispy and you do not want it to stick to the pan so stir it occasionally making sure it toasts evenly. When the gnocchi has reached your desired crispness remove it from the pan and sprinkle with fresh parmesan and basil. Voila! That is it!
- 1 (16 ounce) package gluten free gnocchi cooked according to package directions
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil (enough to lightly cover the bottom of a large pan)
- 4 cloves garlic
- a pinch of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons, shredded parmesan
- 2 tablespoons, chopped basil
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat and make sure you have enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- When the oil is hot add a few cloves of minced garlic and stir, add the gnocchi in a single layer and sprinkle with salt, pepper and a pinch of garlic powder.
- You want the gnocchi to get nice and crispy and you do not want it to stick to the pan so stir it occasionally making sure it toasts evenly.
- When the gnocchi has reached your desired crispness remove it from the pan and sprinkle with fresh parmesan and basil.
Other Easy Keto Recipes
While this recipe is not keto I have many that are. If you are new to Keto try my favorite Sausage Egg and Cheese Bites, they contain less than one net carb per bite and they are perfect for meal prep! One of my favorite easy low carb dinners is this One Pan Cabbage Casserole. It is so easy, cheesy and delicious and it has less than 9 net carbs per serving. Some other favorites, Keto Chocolate Cookies, Pimento Cheese and Bacon Stuffed Peppers and Sausage and Cream Cheese Pinwheels!