These Ham Wrapped Roasted Potatoes are served with Smokey Honey Mustard for a new and exciting appetizer! The perfect game day treat!
I have totally moved into Fall food. Despite the fact that I just brought a huge box of fresh tomatoes, okra and jalapenos from my Dad’s garden. In my head it is all about apples, pumpkins, soups and chili!
Besides all of that great comfort food Fall does have something else, Football food! Smokey, delicious little bite sized appetizers to devour during the game is just as much of Fall food as pumpkin pie is, right?
I have been working on creating a new favorite that is easy enough to make on a weeknight but impressive enough you can make for guests for all your Fall get togethers. These Ham Wrapped Roasted Potatoes with Smokey Honey Mustard do just the trick!
This is the kind of dish that has so few ingredients that the quality of ingredients you use really matters. I used perfect little red potatoes, Boar’s Head SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham, and a zesty sauce and homemade smokey honey mustard sauce to complete the dish. One of our Smokehouse Rules is that you always, always have to pair SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham with smoky honey mustard! It is a match made in heaven!
The reason I opted to use Boar’s Head SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham is because the flavor is unbeatable! It is crafted with the finest ingredients and exceptional care, this ham is naturally smoked with imported German beechwood. The result, a ham with a delicious, distinct flavor that is rich and smooth. And it compliments the roast potatoes and the sweet and smoky mustard sauce perfectly!
Here is how we make them!
Wash and slice the red potatoes into quarters. It is important to use very small red potatoes so they cook through quickly. Take one slice of Boar’s Head SmokeMaster™ Black Forest Ham and fold it into a small strip carefully wrap it around the potato and secure it with a toothpick.
Once all your potatoes are wrapped it’s time for the sauce! Combine melted butter, Worcestershire, minced garlic and chopped green onions and generously brush each potato wedge with the sauce. Roast potatoes for 20 minutes until perfectly crisp on the outside and soft and tender on the inside!
The finishing touch is the special Smokey Honey Mustard Sauce. Combine tangy dijon, sweet honey and a bit of smoked papkira for the perfect dipping sauce!
- 6 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced Boars Head SmokeMaster Beechwood Smoked™ Black Forest Ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400
- Fold each slice of ham into a thin strip and carefully wrap around each potato wedge and secure with a tooth pick.
- Place on a medium size greased baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the butter, garlic and Worcestershire sauce and heat 20 seconds until the butter is melted. Add the green onions to the butter mixture.
- Generously brush each potato wedge.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Combine the mustard, honey and smoked paprika and serve with the potatoes.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.