These Smoked Drumsticks are smoked until perfectly tender then tossed in a tangy buffalo sauce! Ready in 30 minutes and a major crowd pleaser!
These smoked keto chicken drumsticks are SO easy! I love super quick, simple meals that are devoured in a heartbeat. It is the best of both worlds — hardly any effort, and absolutely no left overs!
Just like with the Smoked Drumsticks with Sriracha and Honey Lime sauce, I grilled these without a thing on them! Just put them straight on the grill! While the meat was cooking I made a really simple tangy buffalo sauce. After they were done, I tossed them in the sauce and that was it.
We had a delicious, albeit slightly messy dinner on our hands! If you are making dinner or snacks for a crowd, you can grill several pounds of drumsticks and make both the Sriracha sauce and this Buffalo sauce to give a couple options without the work of making an entirely different dish.
Ingredients in Keto Smoked Drumsticks
To make these Traeger smoked drumsticks, you’ll need:
- Chicken drumsticks
- Frank’s Original Buffalo Sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
- Coconut oil
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Low Carb Smoked Chicken Drumsticks
You can actually make the smoked chicken drumsticks on a real smoker or on your grill. This time I grilled them to speed up the process. Here’s how we make them!
First, heat your grill to 375 degrees. Place the plain drumsticks directly on the grill and let cook for 25 minutes, turning once while cooking. Meanwhile, add the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and let simmer on medium low while the drumsticks are cooking.
Remove drumsticks from grill and place in a large bowl with a lid. Pour the sauce over the drumsticks, place lid on bowl tightly and shake the bowl to evenly coat the drumsticks. That’s it! A delicious low carb dinner everyone will love!
Can I eat buffalo chicken on keto?
Absolutely! Chicken is a naturally low carb food that is very high in protein, so it’s a great choice for a keto diet. Buffalo sauce is also zero carbs, so the combination is made in heaven for a keto diet!
What to Serve with keto Buffalo Drumsticks
Serve these smoked chicken legs with your favorite grilled vegetables or a side salad. Some of my favorite side dishes for drumsticks are:
- Bacon-Wrapped Cabbage
- Air Fryer Green Bean Fries
- Cold Asparagus Salad
- Sweet Potato Wedges
- Sweet Corn Salad
Tips for Making low carb Smoked Drumsticks
- The sauce works great for chicken wings too. Or if you aren’t a fan of bone-in chicken, you can brush it right over boneless chicken breast!
- I highly recommend using Frank’s Original Buffalo Sauce for this recipe. It delivers the most authentic buffalo flavor.
- This recipe is easily to scale up to serve a crowd. Just double or triple the sauce, and you’ll likely have to cook the drumsticks in batches.
More Easy Chicken Dinners:
- Easy Blackened Chicken
- One-Pan Keto Cheesy Jalapeño Chicken
- Greek Chicken Power Bowls
- Keto Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry
- Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
Smoked Buffalo Drumsticks (keto + low carb)
- 2 pounds drumsticks
- 1/3 Franks Original Buffalo Sauce
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat a grill to 375 degrees F.
- Place the plain drumsticks directly on the grill and let cook for 25 minutes, turning once while cooking.
- Meanwhile, add the sauce ingredients in a small sauce pan and let simmer on medium low while the drumsticks are cooking. You do not want to boil, you just want to heat the mixture so the flavors meld and it thickens a tiny bit.
- Remove drumsticks from grill and place in a large bowl with a lid, pour the sauce over the drumsticks, place lid on bowl tightly and shake the bowl to evenly coat the drumsticks.
- Garnish drumsticks with any additional sauce left in the bowl.