Learn how to make the perfect Keto Quesadilla! This low carb recipe is loaded with tender chicken, bell peppers and onions! This easy quesadilla has just 4 net carbs per serving!
Let’s talk easy, cheesy meals! This Keto Quesadilla is one of my favorite quick and easy dinner recipes. This dish requires minimal prep, effort or ingredients! It is also incredibly easy to adjust based on your personal preference or the ingredients you have on hand. Basically, this is the ultimate “I don’t want to cook tonight” keto dinner! It goes great with this Chipotle Chicken, or my favorite Jalapeno Lime Grilled Chicken. If neither of those fit the bill for you rotisserie chicken, or leftover roast chicken works great too!
Ingredients for a Keto Chicken Quesadilla
As always, you will find the complete recipe below, just keep scrolling. This is a quick overview of the ingredients you will need for this low carb quesadilla:
- Cheese Wrap: see notes below, these come in a variety of flavors such as cheddar, colby-jack, parmesan and mozzarella.
- Cooked Chicken: rotisserie, roast, or grilled chicken all work great. This is an easy way to use chicken leftovers.
- Vegetables: Grilled or Sautéed Onions and Peppers
Optional ingredients are avocado, sour cream, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, green onions or hot sauce!
Where can I find cheese wraps for a keto diet?
There are several different brands that offer these cheese wraps in a variety of different flavors. I used Colby-Jack and love the flavor it provides. These can be found in the dairy or deli section of your grocery store.
How do you make cheese taco shells?
Heat an oven to 350 degrees F. Place a cheese tortilla on a silicone lined baking mat and bake approximately 10 minutes or until the edges have browned and it looks similar to my photo.
Allow the cheese shell to cool a few minutes so you can handle it easily. Add the fillings, fold the cheese tortilla over the chicken and vegetables. Add any extras like avocado, sour cream or hot sauce and enjoy!
Keto Taco Fillings
Here are some other great ideas just in case you want to consider some other delicious ways to enjoy a keto quesadilla!
- Taco Meat: simply brown ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken and use this low carb, keto-friendly taco seasoning.
- Carnitas: also low carb and keto-friendly, this slow cooker pork carnita recipe is use to be a family favorite.
- Vegetables: other low carb vegetables will work in this dish such as avocado, tomato, sliced radish, green chiles, or jalapeños are all great additions.
- Sauces: low carb ranch, chipotle ranch, salsa, or salsa verde are all great options.
- Other Wraps: this recipe uses a cheddar cheese wrap. You can find other varieties such as parmesan, mozzarella, or a non cheese based low carb wrap like a Mission Carb Balance Tortilla for a keto-friendly quesadilla recipe.
Other Keto Chicken Recipes
- Cheesy Jalapeno Chicken: seriously the best one pan, keto-friendly chicken recipe!
- White Chicken Chili: the best low carb replacement for the best White Bean Chicken Chili.
- One Pan Green Chili Chicken: a perfect substitute for chicken enchiladas without all of the carbs!
- One Pan Chicken with Bacon Sauce: easy, low carb and impressive enough for guests.
- 1 Cheese Wrap mozzarella, Colby-Jack, or cheddar
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup sautéed or grilled bell pepper
- 1/8 cup sautéed or grilled red onion
- Heat an oven to 350 degrees F. Place a cheese tortilla on a silicone lined baking mat and bake approximately 10 minutes or until the edges have browned and it looks similar to my photo. Allow the cheese shell to cool a few minutes so you can handle it easily.
- Add the fillings, fold the cheese tortilla over the chicken and vegetables.
- Add any extras like avocado, sour cream or hot sauce and enjoy!